cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward incoming calls directly to voicemail during business hours

OESTech
Listener

We are about to roll out Zoom phone to our teachers this fall.  They already have Zoom desktop app installed on their MacBooks since we have been using Zoom Meeting for years.

I'm trying to come up with a User Template to disable incoming calls on these phone during business hours and forward directly to voicemail.

They will all be in class teaching lessons and we don't want them to get incoming parent calls during class.  I'm looking for an automated solution- not one that involves me relying on them manually setting something up.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @OESTech 

Two options come to mind for this scenario:

1. Set the Business Hours of the Teachers to the days and hours when they will accept parent calls. Calls received at any time outside of those hours will follow the rules for Closed Hours. 
  2. Do not select anything in the Business Hours > Call Handling. They can still use the desktop and mobile apps to place calls, as well as listen to voicemail messages, etc., however, even if signed-in the app will not ring if it not included in the Call Handling.

Naturally, you would need to educate the teachers as to why you've set their Zoom Phone settings as such, so that they don't inadvertently change them.

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

OESTech
Listener

More information:  Teachers don't have desk phones.  they all will only have the Desktop app.  A few might have the Mobile app too.

FORE-Craig

Hi @OESTech 

Two options come to mind for this scenario:

1. Set the Business Hours of the Teachers to the days and hours when they will accept parent calls. Calls received at any time outside of those hours will follow the rules for Closed Hours. 
  2. Do not select anything in the Business Hours > Call Handling. They can still use the desktop and mobile apps to place calls, as well as listen to voicemail messages, etc., however, even if signed-in the app will not ring if it not included in the Call Handling.

Naturally, you would need to educate the teachers as to why you've set their Zoom Phone settings as such, so that they don't inadvertently change them.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Thanks, that's what I was thinking too.  I could actually make a User template for them and set open hours for an odd hour in the middle of the night.

But it gets messy because of their personal greeting is by default only set to business hours.  Meaning I'll just disable everyone's personal greeting.

BTW, Can I make that a feature request?  If a user records a personal greeting, have it assigned to all their times (open, closed, holiday) by default.  

FORE-Craig

If you do decide to set up the Call Handling then I would probably set the Business Hours to something less obnoxious than the middle of the night to avoid irate parents waking them up. Haha

Do they have direct inward dial numbers, or are all of the calls funneled through an Auto Receptionist?

I'd suggest that you have them record their VM Greeting on the Zoom web portal if you prefer not to use the Default. They can record it once under Business Hours, and then select the saved recording to apply to Closed Hours

That is a great suggestion!!! Yes, you can submit all feature requests through the feedback form at https://zoom.us/feed

I hope that helps!

Craig

Thanks I submitted a couple feature requests.  

FORE-Craig

You’re welcome! Excellent! 🤞🏻 

Craig