Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Zoom Phone in PWA - assistance please

bjflick
Listener

In the December 18 Release notes for Zoom Phone - dot point 4 notes:

• Zoom Phone for PWA
    Zoom Phone admins can enable Zoom Phone for PWA on their account to allow their PWA users with a Phone license to make calls and send SMS from their Zoom PWA.

I am relatively new to Zoom Phone and the Zoom account owner for my business (which I assume allows full administration ability) and cannot find the option for admins to enable Zoom Phone for PWA on their account. Could one of the experts please assist with finding this setting in Zoom Phone Administration.

We are using the Zoom PWA for our Chromebooks and having Zoom Phone access is a feature we have been waiting for since it was advised for Q3 and was shown in Zoomtopia presentation.

Thank you for the assistance,

Bradley Flick, Sydney Australia.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bjflick
Listener

I contacted Zoom Support re the Enabling Zoom Phone in PWA and they confirmed that this option has to be enabled by Zoom for the administrator account. Support confirmed that the Phone option has been enabled and after sign out / sign in the Zoom Phone tab is showing as availble in the PWA app.

Even though enabled, there are still a couple of issues with call connecting & incoming call answering. Support is still working on this & will hopefully be functioning  properly after the holiday break. Thanks to Craig & eneilsen for your suggestions and comments. Happy New Year to all.

Regards, Bradley Flick

----------------

Hi Bradley,
Thank you for waiting! We have enabled Zoom Phone in PWA for your account. You may now enable it from the settings. To do this, simply navigate to your Zoom Account Management-Account Settings-Zoom Phone, then find Zoom Phone on PWA and toggle it on. 
 Let me know if you have any questions.
Best,
Jean

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

enielsen
Participant

LoL, it can be hard to find where things get configured in Zoom Phone as won't necessarily be in the Zoom Phone section of the portal. I would file a support ticket as it could also be something that they have to first enable on the Zoom side....

I looked  through the release and preview notes for december and didn't find anything giving details

enielsen, thank you for the post. You are right re configuration for Zoom Phone ! I have searched release notes & support and there are no details on enabling Zoom Phone in PWA in admin, even though it has been outlined for a few months now.

I will try & find something today & then submit a support ticket. 

enielsen
Participant

I noticed that the December Preview notes don't mention anything about PWA: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/10701106519949-Zoom-Phone-December-2022-Preview-Notes

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

That's because it is listed the Release Notes for December 18:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360022782511-Release-notes-for-Zoom-Phone

Craig

enielsen
Participant

Indeed  - but usually "important" things are in the preview and the final release notes. Might be they didn't consider PWA important enough to warrant giving details in the preview. The preview notes give more details than the release notes.

I wonder if Zoom Phone PWA is enabled by Zoom Admins only, not Zoom Phone admins; that may be why I can't find any settings about it so far.

FORE-Craig

Yes, the Preview Notes do normally show detailed information with screenshots.

It is quite possible that unlike it it's description in the Release Notes, it needs to be activated by Zoom Support. I am the Account Owner for our account, and I don't see the option listed anywhere either.

Craig

bjflick
Listener

Craig & eneilsen,

Thank you for your comments and assistance. I assumed if a feature is outlined in the release notes for Dec 18 that it would be available in that release. I will wait until I am back in the office & check if the Phone PWA option is added / activated to the admin area for our account. Best wishes for a great holiday / Christmas season.

Regards, Brad

FORE-Craig

Thank you, Brad! Happy holidays to you too! 😊 

Best regards,

Craig

bjflick
Listener

I contacted Zoom Support re the Enabling Zoom Phone in PWA and they confirmed that this option has to be enabled by Zoom for the administrator account. Support confirmed that the Phone option has been enabled and after sign out / sign in the Zoom Phone tab is showing as availble in the PWA app.

Even though enabled, there are still a couple of issues with call connecting & incoming call answering. Support is still working on this & will hopefully be functioning  properly after the holiday break. Thanks to Craig & eneilsen for your suggestions and comments. Happy New Year to all.

Regards, Bradley Flick

----------------

Hi Bradley,
Thank you for waiting! We have enabled Zoom Phone in PWA for your account. You may now enable it from the settings. To do this, simply navigate to your Zoom Account Management-Account Settings-Zoom Phone, then find Zoom Phone on PWA and toggle it on. 
 Let me know if you have any questions.
Best,
Jean