cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During zoom phone set up I enabled auto record of zoom phone calls. how do i Disable it

Hairoun
Listener

every time I receive a call it plays a message that this call is being recorded.

How do i disable it, thanks

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Hairoun try these steps listed in our KB article Changing Zoom Phone policy settings

Removing extensions from being exempt

If you set a different policy setting for a specific extension, you can remove this exemption so that the account-level policy setting is applied.

Note: This only applies to the policy settings for ad hoc call recording, automatic call recording, and international calling.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
  3. Click the Zoom Phone tab.
  4. Click View under a policy setting to view all extensions that have a different policy setting than the account-level settings.
    Note: For the Automatic Call Recording policy settings, click Privileged Extensions to see all users that have it enabled.
  5. Click the check boxes to select extensions.
  6. Click Remove.
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

That removed my extension number , now all i get is my voice mail when i call in

Kev
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hey @Hairoun - Just adding to RN's answer, if you still want Automatic Recording enabled but want to disable the recording disclaimer prompt, you need to unselect the option, Play a prompt to call participants when the recording has started.

You can find more details here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4402416352909-Changing-call-recording-settings 

Also, it looks like you brought up an issue about routing to your voicemail when calling in. Double check your call handling settings: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059966372-Customizing-call-handling-settings

Hope that helps!

Sorry to necro this thread but i've got a similar issue but i want to keep the auto recording for inbound (worked that out). My issue is that the recording prompt plays when both parties are on the call ie they can hear each other as well as the recording. How do we only play the recording for the dialling in party to Zoom Phone? thanks