cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster Recovery Plan

kmcgregor
Listener

Does Zoom have a disaster recovery plan if they go down? With our previous carrier, if their servers or system went down all of our incoming calls were routed to one mobile phone.  Is this possible with zoom as well and how do I go about setting this up?

8 REPLIES 8

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello there,

Please find the details to setup Zoom Phone Local Survivability, which will allow you to have an On_Premise failover for your Zoom phone system. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8427359971853

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

enielsen
Participant

As far as I know, Zoom Phone has no feature to failover as you described if Zoom Phone itself is down. The Local Survivability product would allow internal and outbound calls to be made.

Though if the Zoom App is also down, I think the Local Survivability product won't work either, except for physical phones.

sachinzoom

Appreciate your thoughts @enielsen The understanding here is that somehow customer is not able to reach Zoom cloud, in which case ZPLS will take over. The Zoom App in this case will register on-premise. 

Hope that clarifies

@sachinzoom and @enielsen I'm actually looking for a solution for when the company Zoom is down. Like zoom is hacked, or they loose access to their servers or whatever. For our disaster recovery plan, we need to advise our staff on what to do. Our last carrier was a VOIP and if they went down for whatever reason, all the calls would route to one mobile phone number and that person could still field calls for us.

sachinzoom

Hi @kmcgregor 

We have multiple data centers and carriers that will minimize the possible of such an occurance. This feature specifically though is something that we are considering for future  

Is there a link to Zoom's BCP plan that showcases this redundancy?  

kmcgregor
Listener

Thanks @sachinzoom that's good to know!

sachinzoom

You are welcome @kmcgregor .  Have a great day

If this response helped answer your question, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.