cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct phone number without extensions

Deshop
Listener

I have tried going through so many options but was unable to find help. I was wondering If we can assign a direct number with out using extensions. like normal dial in phone numbers, and able to send and receive sms. but it doesn't seem very simple when setting it up.

4 REPLIES 4

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Deshop,

When assigning a DID or direct number to a user, an extension is required. The video below is a great walkthrough of how to assign a number and calling plan. The calling plan will be required for outbound dials and to send SMS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqSpiS_lbLY

I hope this helps. If so, please click accept as solution.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Deshop 

Let's back up a moment to define what you want. You have one phone number (aka DID) that people call into? How many different people will answer the calls, or how many phones will ring when someone calls that number?

Craig

sachinzoom

@Deshop Extension is mandatory and will map to the direct number you assign. You can have 1 extension mapping to up to 10 DIDs

Hope that helps

I get the message that I do NOT have a direct number and cannot send SMS from my phone.  Only number, how do I enable SMS since it says it is NOT direct number and I cannot start new conversation.