Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desk Phone Call Controls - Zoom Phone Appliance

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

Has anyone with a Zoom Phone Appliance figured out if it is possible to make it work for Desk Phone Call Controls?

We have Yealink VP59 Zoom Phone Appliances. In the web portal under User Settings they appear as a Zoom Appliance and not as a Desk Phone, and thus don't have the option to check "Allow Call Control for Client".

Craig
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zac2021
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @FORE-Craig,

Thank you for asking the Zoom Community. Call Control on Zoom Phone Appliance (like Yealink VP59 and Poly CCX series) is not available as of yet. It is still under development with no specific plan release date yet.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @FORE-Craig, (updated - added link!)

I don't have any experience with the Zoom appliances, but I did find this Zoom Support article that explains how to convert a Yealink phone to an appliance, and back to a SIP phone.  Unless you need this phone for a Zoom Room or have some other reason to leave it as an appliance, I'd thinking changing it back to a phone would give you the capability you're looking for.

If that doesn't work, you can always move it back to an appliance.

Just my suggestion... don't know for sure this will meet your needs. 😎

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

FORE-Craig

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your message! No, we actually got the Yealink VP59's because they do want the Zoom Phone Appliance thing. It has nothing to do with Zoom Rooms. The Zoom Phone Appliance basically overlays the native Yealink SIP phone interface with an app written by Zoom similar to the Zoom desktop app. It is cool looking and feeling, what an executive would expect in a phone interface these days. I would say though that the software is not ready for primetime. It seems more like a sideline project to the people at Zoom.

Anyways, we have been waiting for the Desk Phone Call Controls (select a number on your computer on a webpage or in a native Contacts app and have the call initiate on the desk phone) since they were announced last year. We were assuming that it would work with the ZPA just like the other desk phones. 

Ugh!

Craig

zac2021

Hi @FORE-Craig,

Thank you for asking the Zoom Community. Call Control on Zoom Phone Appliance (like Yealink VP59 and Poly CCX series) is not available as of yet. It is still under development with no specific plan release date yet.

Thanks!

FORE-Craig

Thank you for the information, Zac!

Craig

jefrancisco4

Hi @FORE-Craig ! You have some responses to your discussion worth noting. Have any of these answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!

FORE-Craig

This is an update for Call Control from Desktop Client and Cloud Contacts with Zoom Phone Appliances.

Call Control for Zoom Phone Appliances showed up in the Zoom Phone Release Notes in December 2022, and the actual ZPA software (version 5.13.0 (2370) made it onto VP59s in late January 2023.  The "Allow Call Control from Desktop Client" was still not visible to activate it in the Zoom web portal under Phone System Management > Users & Room > Users > User Settings. I submitted a request to support, and after the usual support responses where my clearly stated inquiry about activation of the option was not understood that Zoom Phone Appliances do not show in Desk Phones, the support person finally got the concept that they needed to approach Backend Operations to have the option activated for our account. It now works! It was announced at Zoomtopia (August 2021). 

Incidentally Contact Integration with Google finally works now too. It requires signing out of the Zoom Phone Appliance and signing back in (FYI). 

Craig