cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default to main company caller ID number

MattS
Attendee

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to have all new users default caller ID to set to the company main number. Right now it it appears that by default users caller ID is their assigned number, then each user can change if desired. I would rather have it reversed. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @MattS,

I looked for ways to set the  company number as the default but didn’t really find a way. 

Since the volunteers in the Zoom Community don’t have a way to handle feature requests, please use this Zoom web page to make a feature request directly to Zoom staff for this capability, if you’d like:
https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thanks Ray - will do!

jefrancisco4
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@MattS ,

If you are an admin of the account you would be able to change the outbound caller ID per users/Common Area phones. You will got to Admin > Phone System Manager > Users&Room > pick the user you would like to change the outbound caller ID. >Profile > scroll down to Outbound caller ID and click the drop down to pick your main number if in case that is what you'd like to choose.

jefrancisco4_0-1652212129906.jpeg

If you are a user, you would go to Personal > Phone > Settings > Outbound Caller ID > Click the drop down to pick your desired outbound caller ID. 

If in case you would like to change the outbound caller ID in bulk, you can also do it by exporting the current Zoom Phone setup and then re-importing he CSV template that has the updated caller IDs.

Have any of these answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

Hi jefrancisco4 -  yes I knew about all three of those. 

What I was looking for is more from a medium / large company perspective I would want to be able to set the default for all new users to be company caller ID for outbound calls.

It appears that is not possible, but I will take advantage of the CSV method for periodic bulk changes until that feature becomes available.