cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DND not showing as busy on BLF's Yealink T54W phones

jvogt
Listener

When our users put their phones on DND it doesn't change their BLF on the rest of the phones to red so others in the company don't know they are not available.

7 REPLIES 7

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Thats expected behavior currently. Please follow this KB:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360038946292-Quick-start-guide-for-Poly-VVX-series-phones#...

sachinzoom_0-1675802140682.png

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @jvogt 

Actually, what @sachinzoom is partially not true. For Yealink phones, if you turn on DND the status does sync between a Yealink desk phone, and the the desktop and mobile Zoom apps in either direction. I'm not sure if it turns the BLF key for other users to show red if I have my DND on. I'll have to play with it and let you know. We use Yealink VP59s, T54Ws, and T58As. I'll let you know,

I hope that helps!

Craig

sachinzoom

@FORE-Craig Its quite possible that certain phones do some DND syncing. I will also have to test to see if this article needs to be more specific.

jvogt
Listener

@FORE-Craig   90% of my users are on T54W's only.. No apps.  Their DND doesn't sync just had it tested on multiple devices.

FORE-Craig

Hi @jvogt 

When I say 'sync', I mean that turning on DND on the phone activates DND in the Zoom desktop app and Zoom mobile app. 

I tested with our phones, and shockingly the DND setting does not turn the line key lamp red, nor the onscreen silhouette on the phones like, as it does when the user is on a call, as one would expect. There is also no visual queue next to the Contact in the Zoom desktop app or Zoom mobile app. It is kind half-baked! Hahaha

I suggest that we both submit feature requests for this.

Craig

sachinzoom

Hi ! You have some responses to your discussion worth noting. Have any of these answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!

QLAdmin
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Is there any kind of update on this?  We have the DND Sync feature enabled on our account, which allows the client and phone to sync together so they are always the same.  What we need here is being able to see the DND status of a Yealink phone from another Yealink phone.  Just changing the BLF key to red would be good enough.  Can this be enabled on the backend or via overrides?