cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common Area Phone license

Shivanshm
Listener

Hi

If I have 10 users with unlimited US/Canada plan and I want to add a common area phone. Will it be charged a separate license?

Another question - how many IP phones I can associate with one user?

9 REPLIES 9

RajanB
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi Shivanshm, I assume you meant physical desk phones when you referred to "common area phone" such as Poly VVX or Yealink T-series. "Common Area Phone" refers to something like lobby phones which has a different use case.

Back to you questions..

1. There is no separate license requirement when you assign these desk phones to a user with calling plan.

2. You can have up to 3 desk phones assigned to a single user.

Hi Rajan, I am referring to lobby phones like at some common areas on office floor. Do they need a separate license ? If yes, what is that license? If no, how they are licensed than, are they also counted under those 3 deskphones per user?

aaroncoffman
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Greetings @Shivanshm

A separate license is not required for Common Area Phones.  You may leverage the US/Canada Unlimited calling package. 

The requirement for Common Area Phones is one license per device. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks Aaron. When you are talking about 'one license per device' , which is that license?  If I want to give just that lobby phone an internal 4 digit voip dialing, will i able to provision them without adding any US/Canada Unlimited plan?

naveen
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Shivanshm  - For lobby or common area space where no need to associate with users, then you can get a "Common Area Phone" license (Per device need a per CAP license which referred by Aaron above). To setup CAP device, please refer to the support guide Managing-common-area-phones .. 

Thank you Naveen. Can you please confirm the price of this CAP license ? I cannot see it on the plans and pricing page of Zoom Phone.

naveen

@Shivanshm  - Sorry, I don't have pricing details.. Please reach out to the zoom account manager who is able to share CAP costing or submit your request online form Contact Sales.

walidbboss
Listener

Hi, we are trying to assign more than 3 desk phones in a common area and it does not let us... is there any possibility that we can have more than 3