cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco SPA504G (older phone) not listed and not sure what the provisioning should be?

PCI
Listener

Cisco SPA504G (older phone) not listed and not sure what the provisioning should be?

I do not see listed here... https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360038910791#h_3ab8e9ae-7dc9-40c8-85d6-e1f54bafb106

Please advise, thx

5 REPLIES 5

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I am fairly certain that that phone will not be supported at all by Zoom. Do you have a lot of them you want to provision? There is a small chance you can get support to allow them as generic devices, but I am pretty sure they don’t meet the specifications required. 

Looks like the 500 series stopped getting updates in July 2020 at the latest, so likely these don't support the encryption requirements for Zoom Phone. In any case, even if they did, it would be all on you to determine if this is the case, and how to manually provision them to work with Zoom as not officially supported.

Hi Brandon, Thank you!

Yes, we have 6 of these. Can you point me in the direction of how to setup as manual devices? It seem odd to me Zoon-Phone does not support, Nextiva, 8x8 and others do. Its a basic IP phone that works. Or are you aware of the cheapest phone they do support, if we are forced to buy new phones? I sincerely appreciate your kindness.

Eliot

hi pci,

Zoom certified desk phones include:
Desk phones

Zoom Phone Certified Hardware – Zoom Support

Your cisco spa504g is a 4 line sip phone.  It does not appear to support tls 1.2 which zoom requires for security.  If you are considering cisco, make sure it is a 3rd party call control (3-pcc), zoom certified version.

Some zoom certified desk phones can be purchased new or used.  Poly and yealink are widely used on Zoom Phone and Grandstream has recently been added.  For pricing, please do a google search.

just a thought, some companies are getting rid of most of their desk phones and using zoom windows client for zoom phone.

thanks,  eliot   

enielsen
Participant

We are using old Poly IP335 phones, while at end of life, still supported for at least another year. Basically hoping that the people still using desk phones can be convinced to move to the Zoom app.

If the phones stop working at some point (no hard date for them to no longer function with Zoom), we'll get Yealink phones as needed for the people refusing to use the app.