cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco 8800 Series Provisioning Template

MJW-Mike
Listener

Does anyone have a provisioning template for the Cisco 8800 series phones to customize a few settings? Specifically, I need to enable the local device web interface and would like to set a custom background image on the phones.

I tried doing this via Phone System Management > Company Info > Account Settings > Desk Phone and enabled the "Web Interface" option and "Background Image URL", but after restarting the devices these settings do not appear to work for the Cisco devices.

Specifically we are using Cisco 8861 3PCC desk phones. I am guessing I will need to apply these settings via a provisioning template, but not sure how exactly to create one for this model of phone.

Thanks,

-Mike

6 REPLIES 6

MJW-Mike
Listener

Disregard the web interface issue, after unplugging the device and powering it back on, now the web interface is accessible. Background image is still not displaying.

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @MJW-Mike Provisioning templates are  supported on Cisco certified models.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360001299063#h_9696ec46-9042-4674-bcd1-3488e69b9386 

Is the background URL of the image publicly accessible ? Can you post it here ?

sachinzoom

Thanks, I saw this when I created the background and made it 800x480. After getting into the web interface on the phone, I was able to manually apply the background. I am working on trying to get this working via a provisioning template now so that I do not have to manually do this on each phone.

sachinzoom

Hi @MJW-Mike 

I found this on a cisco forum thread  that you can alter to apply as background image ( and removing the tftp keywords) to the cisco phone via company info-> Phone system management -> Settings -> Provisioning templates

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>
<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/800x480x24/TN-Fountain.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/640x480x24/Logo-800X480px.png"/>
</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

I will pass on this feedback to product team too. Let me know if that works