cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change phone number to NOT have extension i.e. direct dial

parkylondon
Listener

I have a single phone line with my account but it comes with an extension. I need to change it to a direct dial number

Number is 013nn 464646 x3141 but I want it to be 013nn 464646 without the extension.

How do I do that?

3 REPLIES 3

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @parkylondon 

If I am understanding the question correctly, You have both the DID ( 10 digit number ) -> 13nn464646 and extension 1341 setup in your phone system. In that case, an internal user can call you on your extension as well as external user ( for example  from your cellphone ), you can directly call the 10 Digit number. Hope that answers your query.

So in summary, you have both the extension and the 10 Dig number. You cannot remove the extension but you do not have to use it, if you are only receiving/ making calls from/to external numbers.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

parkylondon
Listener

Many thanks. Your solution isn't what I wanted but the solution is contained on this other post here. 

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Phone-System/No-way-to-get-my-zoom-phone-number-to-work-without-an-ext...

sachinzoom

Hi @parkylondon 

Glad you found your solution. The answer you posted conveys the same information that you cannot get rid of the extension but you dont have to use it.

Good luck with your Zoom phone implementation. Keep us posted if you other queries