cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Outbound Calls Going Straight to Voicemail on Company WiFi

oz1
Listener

Hi,

One of our Zoom Phone users has reported outbound calls to certain external numbers going straight to voicemail when on company WiFi, but when they use Zoom Phone when hotspotting via their mobile the calls go through. We haven't blocked Zoom and nobody else has reported the issue.

The user placed the call from their hotspot straight after trying on WiFi and it went straight through so it's not down to the end user not being available as I thought it might be.

I don't know what to suggest as to the reason it doesn't work; hoping somebody else can shed some light.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @oz1 

When you say that the calls go straight to voicemail, do you mean that the call goes out externally and the callee's carrier voicemail picks up immediately? 

Have you verified that your User is on the correct internal WiFi network, and not another WiFi network?

I hope that helps!

Craig

enielsen
Participant

If the call to the PSTN is going to the external number's voicemail, don't see how that can be anything to do with Zoom. More likely a coincidence that the external number is on a call so call goes to voicemail?