cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Send SMS Messages, SMS messages are enabled

Rick4
Listener

My users within the company are experiencing SMS Message could not be sent.

SMS is enabled.  Even after clearing out the application's cache, this error message pops up.

7 REPLIES 7

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Rick4 

Has it worked previously, or are you setting it up for the first time?

Is this happening in the Zoom desktop computer app, in the Zoom iOS or Android app, or both?

Is there a specific message that appears? 

Craig

Worked before.  Windows OS, specifically a laptop, using the Zoom desktop app.  Sent to android phones and sent to iphones, as well.  Message shows as "Message Could Not Be Sent"  with an option to retry or delete.

Just a text message, so no files included.

FORE-Craig

Thank you!

Is it just one person, or everyone? If it is just one person, are they outside your network where there maybe a different firewall setup causing it?

Craig

Today, it's one person, but not the first person to bring this to my attention.  Right now, today's person isn't able to send SMS messages to anyone outside the company, which is the primary function.  Today's person has been messaging the people she's been trying to message today all this week without issue.  All of a sudden, she's unable to to do and we're not sure why.

FORE-Craig

I would suggest that you submit a ticket to Zoom Support at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

It's odd that it is intermittent. Is everyone using the same version of the Zoom desktop app, an on the same patch level of Windows OS?

Craig

enielsen
Participant

We don't use the SMS feature and have it disabled, but  can one test by using Zoom app on mobile (I assume that the mobile app can also do SMS messaging) when connected via wifi when one's windows app is not working with SMS?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Yes @enielsen SMS is available on the Zoom app as well when assigned a Zoom Phone license. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!