cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can NOT make nor receive Zoom phone calls

KayGee
Listener

Hi All, 

I am new to Zoom Phone and must say am not enjoying the experience!

I recently purchased an Australia and New Zealand Unlimited Plan, but have not been able to make any calls. Each time I have tried, I receive the following message "Sorry...the requested service is not available in your calling plan". Also, unable to receive calls too! So now I'm confused ( have I not set up properly, am I not dialling numbers correctly?) and worried that perhaps I have purchased an incorrect plan - although I made the purchase after long discussion and upon recommendation of Zoom's sale team.

I need to be able to call the landline of my office in Melbourne and vice-versa. I am however currently stuck in Greece (since COVID-19 outbreak) so I am wondering if my physical location is creating a problem.

I was told my plan isn't supported by Live Chat. I also submitted a ticket - and was the same thing - each time pointing me to video tutorials. I checked them out, but were not very helpful and my problem remains unsolved. 

So I'm really hoping that someone can PLEASE HELP ME from here.

Thanks in advance,

KayGee

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi KayGee,

I feel for you. I do not know if you can use Zoom Phone to make calls from abroad with your home country account. I couldn't find anything in Zoom Help or on the internet. 

I would suggest that you verify a few settings on your account's setup:

• Go to your Zoom Profile webpage, then click Phone System Management under Admin on the left.
  • Click Users & Rooms, then click your Name/Email address.
  • Under the Profile section, verify that the Calling Package is set properly to the AU/NZ Unlimited Calling Plan, verify that the Extension, Number, Company Number (same as number in your case). Outbound Caller ID, and Country/Region are all set up.

With all of this Information set, you should be able to dial phone numbers associated with your calling plan.

Since you haven't already used Zoom Phone back home, being abroad poses an extra challenge.

Not knowing is Zoom Phone is allowed to work while abroad, it is also possible that system doesn't work with the AU/NZ Calling Plan because your current IP address in Greece is out of the range for IP addresses in Australia and New Zealand. If this is the case, you might need to try using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection to a server in your home country before launching the Zoom App, so that it appears to Zoom that your in that country.

Good luck!

Craig

Craig

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

FORE-Craig

Hi KayGee,

I feel for you. I do not know if you can use Zoom Phone to make calls from abroad with your home country account. I couldn't find anything in Zoom Help or on the internet. 

I would suggest that you verify a few settings on your account's setup:

• Go to your Zoom Profile webpage, then click Phone System Management under Admin on the left.
  • Click Users & Rooms, then click your Name/Email address.
  • Under the Profile section, verify that the Calling Package is set properly to the AU/NZ Unlimited Calling Plan, verify that the Extension, Number, Company Number (same as number in your case). Outbound Caller ID, and Country/Region are all set up.

With all of this Information set, you should be able to dial phone numbers associated with your calling plan.

Since you haven't already used Zoom Phone back home, being abroad poses an extra challenge.

Not knowing is Zoom Phone is allowed to work while abroad, it is also possible that system doesn't work with the AU/NZ Calling Plan because your current IP address in Greece is out of the range for IP addresses in Australia and New Zealand. If this is the case, you might need to try using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection to a server in your home country before launching the Zoom App, so that it appears to Zoom that your in that country.

Good luck!

Craig

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you sooooooo much!!! Your instructions saved me!

When I checked my profile to verify if the Calling Package is set properly to the AU/NZ Unlimited Calling Plan, I discovered that it was NOT! I needed to tick some boxes in order to assign the plan to myself and then confirm. Once completed, I was able to make calls to Australia...woohoo...finally!!! Cannot tell you how much I have stressed over this, and the lack of LIVE SUPPORT from Zoom was awful!

Now all that remains is to see if I will be able to RECEIVE calls from Australia also. Need to wait for it to be a decent hour in Oz to check that out. 

So grateful to you for taking the time to reply. Your help made all the difference 🙂

Many thanks,

KayGee

FORE-Craig

Hi KayGee,

You are SO welcome! I'm happy that my suggestion helped you to resolve your issue!

I would venture to say that if you successfully called out, you should be able to receive incoming calls as well. 

The Zoom Phone system is actually very cool. There are lots of options to play with including setting up your voicemail greeting, SMS options, etc..  

Hopefully Zoom will realize with the Zoom Phone system that they need to offer a better support strategy!

Happy calling,

Craig

Craig

Thank you for you instructions! You helped me!

FORE-Craig

You're welcome, @krystal1983 😊 

Craig

FORE-Craig

Were you able to receive calls from Oz, KayGee? 

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you so much for following up - that's very kind of you!

Well, I am absolutely delighted to advise that YES, I am now also able to receive calls from Oz too - and all thanks to you! I am very grateful!!!

But, I do have a further issue which, if it's ok with you, I'd like to run it past you in case you may be able to kindly assist with this as well. 

It has to do with my extension number - put simply, I don't want one lol! There is only one person in my "company" and that's me! So I don't need extension numbers! Ideally, I just want clients from Oz to call/reach me direct on the Zoom "Company" Number. Do you know if this is possible, and if so, how would I set that up?

Sincere thanks, once again!

Cheers,

KayGee

FORE-Craig

Hi KayGee,

That's great! 

I understand about the extension thing. The system is built around having an extension, but no one really needs to know that you're using an extension. 

What you can do is to set the Main Auto Receptionist to 24/7 for Business Hours, set the Greeting to "Disabled", and set "Route to" to "User" and choose your extension as the user. 😊 

That should accomplish what you want – incoming calls will ring directly to your line. 

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Craig

Craig

Hello Craig,

I wonder if you might help me too.  I have received a few calls, but I can't call out.  I get the same message that KayGee got - "Sorry...the requested service is not available in your calling plan".  Thanks for any assistance!

Andus

FORE-Craig

Hi Andus,

I am happy to help!

As was the case with KayGee, she hadn't assigned the calling plan to herself on the web portal under Admin > Phones System Management > Users and Rooms. Have you checked that? That is probably the key to allow you to call out. 

If you are just getting started, it's a really good idea to walk through the Getting Started with Zoom Phone Admin page. Even if you are using Zoom Phone for just yourself, it is setup like a phone system for a whole organization. 

I hope this helps!

Craig

Craig

Hi Craig,

I do not see the "User " option to route call to.

FORE-Craig

Hi @Ninja 

When you click on the word Edit next to Route to you may need to Scroll UP in the list to see "User" depending upon what is currently selected. It's a little odd the way the options are presented.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Thanks!

I Scrolled UP, and selected user.

Still cannot make outbound call.

Hi Craig

I'm coming to you as you seem to be the expert!

Yesterday, I bought the Zoom United Pro package with "UK and IR Unlimited Calling". However, I cannot make outbound calls as I get the auto-message "the requested service is not available in your calling plan."

When I follow your instructions and go to "Users & Rooms" and click on my profile as "Owner" I get the screen below, which says I'm on the "Zoom Phone Basic" package. It won't let me assign to any other package.

Am I missing the point? I've set up the account, chosen a phone number, paid the additional cost and now want to make and receive calls using said number!

NickLincoln_1-1647244410045.png

This seems to have resolved itself now, as my online account suddenly gave me the option to assign the correct license to myself. Maybe it just takes a while for the system to propagate correctly?

FORE-Craig

Hi Nick!

I'm in  a later time zone than yours. I am happy that the the issue of assigning yourself the license resolved itself. It may very well have been a propagation delay. 

Happy calling!

Craig

How many days did it take?

I had the same issue for a couple of days.

Now the error is: "unable to your complete call due to restrictions set by your administrator"

KayGee
Listener

Hello Craig,

It's been a while...hope you have been keeping well!

Now, I've recently been experiencing some difficulties (yet again!) with my zoom phone number, and thought of reaching out to you...the EXPERT 😉

So the situation is that I am able to make calls but NOT RECEIVE calls. I have recently returned to Australia (from Greece) and am wondering if perhaps this has caused some kind of issue - although, when I initially arrived in Oz, I was able to make and receive calls with no worries.

Anyways, hope you can help!

Thanking you in advance,

KayGee

FORE-Craig

Hi KayGee,

It's nice to hear that you made it safely back to Australia, although I'm sure that you enjoyed your stay in Greece!

I am wondering if the issue with not being able to receive calls now, since it was working when you first came home is due to the network that you're on. Are you using the app through you WiFi of ethernet connected network that maybe has a firewall blocking the incoming calls? Have you tested in various locations?

I would also double check Calling Plan on the Zoom web portal to make sure that it still looks okay with your AU/NZ Unlimited Calling Plan. and that the Phone Number is still in check.

Let me know!

Craig