cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID in multi site

avick
Listener

Trying to get to the bottom of outbound caller ID - our main site is in the US, and we have created a site for the UK.  The only options we have for caller ID are the main site number (US number - not much good when you're in the UK), or hiding the caller ID.  Is there a way to use the users assigned phone number as the called ID?  I've tried adding a custom number, but the only option I get is to add an auto attendant from the US site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jefrancisco4
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@avick , As long as your main number for your UK site/Second site is assigned to the UK/Second Site Main Auto Receptionist and that phone number is not in pending status. Users in that site should see/use it as an option to select as an outbound caller ID. 

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @avick !

I don't have a multi-site set up to show you, but you should be able to set the Outgoing Caller ID on the User Profiles tied to the UK Site, once the Main Auto Receptionist for that site is set up.

This should help explain more details about managing a Multiple Site environment:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360020809672-Managing-multiple-sites

I hope that helps!

Craig

avick
Listener

Craig - thanks for the reply.  I've already seen that article, but it makes no reference to a separate number for the second site.  The article talks about the primary number on the main site.  I have the auto attendant configured for the second site, but when I look at the outbound caller ID, the only options I have are the main company number (US based, and I'm in the UK), or to customise a number (the only option is a US based auto attendant).  Isn't there a way to set the DID that is assigned to the user as caller ID?

FORE-Craig

I understand, I think. So you have one User assigned to the UK site and they are using the only UK number that you've provisioned as their DID?

You could Unbind the number in Phone System Management > Phone Numbers from the User to make it 'Available', then Assign it to the Main Auto Attendant for the UK Site.  

Alternatively, you could subscribe to a Zoom Phone UK/Ireland Phone Number and link that number to Main Auto Attendant for thee UK Site. 

Does that make sense?

Craig

Hi Avick,

Please make sure the AR for the second site is assigned to the second site. When you create a new one it will default to your main site. Sites can only see the main company number and AR/Queus/Shared Lines directly associated with them.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

It appears I remembered this wrong and you can add any of those 3 from any site as a custom number at the site level. However, the same can be said about users being created as belonging to default site. Maybe verify that the user exists under the second site.

The AR is definitely assigned to the second site, as is the user

Then you should be able to add it as a custom number to the site. At that point the user should be able to use it for outgoing caller id. Unless there are some laws in UK that affect behavior vs US.

jefrancisco4

@avick , As long as your main number for your UK site/Second site is assigned to the UK/Second Site Main Auto Receptionist and that phone number is not in pending status. Users in that site should see/use it as an option to select as an outbound caller ID. 

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Ah, right...the number is still in a pending status for the port....couldn't find any reference as to whether or not that would affect it.  I'll wait for the port to complete and check again.