cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call waiting?

samgriffin
Listener

Hi

Sure this is an easy one but i cant seem to find an answer and support isnt either?

I need to stop our phones from ringing when an agent is on a call and instead bounce to the next agent in the call queue or jump straight to VM. Currently the phones are rinining when agents are on a call.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jaustria
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi samgriffin! Welcome to Zoom Community 🎉 ! I might encourage you to setup a call queue depending on your use case. Here's a link on how to manage call queues: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021524831-Managing-call-queues 

View solution in original post

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Sam,

There is an option on the web portal for the Phone System Management > Call Queues to specify whether a member of the call queue will receive a notification of incoming calls if they are on another call or not. Additionally, the Overflow setting specifies what happens when all members of the call queue are busy or in have trier status set to not available.  See attachment with fields marked.

Craig

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jaustria

Hi samgriffin! Welcome to Zoom Community 🎉 ! I might encourage you to setup a call queue depending on your use case. Here's a link on how to manage call queues: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021524831-Managing-call-queues 

I havethe call queues set up and these are working. but if a rep gets an inbound call to there direct number while on a call it rings them and i need this to go to VM?

FORE-Craig

Hi Sam,

There is an option on the web portal for the Phone System Management > Call Queues to specify whether a member of the call queue will receive a notification of incoming calls if they are on another call or not. Additionally, the Overflow setting specifies what happens when all members of the call queue are busy or in have trier status set to not available.  See attachment with fields marked.

Craig

jaustria

Cool, You can go that call queue and look for Receive calls while on a call option. Check if it is turned off. See screenshot below:

Call Queues - Zoom 2022-01-13 22-39-52.png

Wolverang
Listener

This is turned off on outs be we are still receiving call notification whilst on a call, additionally when a user is talking to another user, a third person can try an call them directly (none of the call are using a cue) and it pops on on the screen and rings which disturbs the original call. is there a way of turning this off completely, similar to the setting in the application to "Hide incoming calls while in a Zoom meeting" but to hide incoming calls while on a phone call?