cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call queue outbound calls are not recorded

Alex_z
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

When a member of a call queue makes an outbound call is not automatically recorded even though it is enabled in call queue Policy Setiings.

Basically, we need all calls towards external numbers to be recorded, but when the user makes internal calls not to be recorded

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Alex changed the Outbound Caller ID of the Users to that of the Call Queue.

Craig

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

FORE-Craig

Hi @Alex_z 

I'm wondering if perhaps their Outbound Caller ID is not set to that of the Call Queue, perhaps it is set to their direct phone number, or that of the Auto Receptionist.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Alex_z
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi, thank you for your response.

I have changed the Caller ID to Queue ID but nothing changed. The only way to record outbound calls is by enabling call recording in the user level. But this means that all calls will be recorded, even the calls to internal extensions .

Any advice is very welcome.

thanks,

Alex

FORE-Craig

Hi @Alex_z 

I understand your concern about enabling call recording at the user-level. I would submit a support request at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new .

There is definitely a bug of some sort. This support article clearly states that the policy applies to inbound and outbound calls - See attached.

I hope that helps!

Craig

enielsen
Participant

I'm wondering if it only records outbound calls if the call is an inbound call to the call queue that gets transferred elsewhere? 

Since the call queue does not show up as a separate line key on agent's phone/app, outbound calls from an agent have nothing to indicate is a call queue call.

FORE-Craig

Alex changed the Outbound Caller ID of the Users to that of the Call Queue.

Craig

Yep, but that is only setting the caller-id to match that of the call queue (and only for calls to the PSTN, not outbound internal calls).  I haven't seen anything that indicates changing the caller-id causes the call to be treated as originating from the call queue instead of the user's extension but have not done much investigation on this. So I could be wrong. But that would mean that only calls to the PSTN would be considered outbound call queue calls and not outbound calls to internal numbers! 

FORE-Craig

I understand your concern, it was the only link that I could think of to let the system know that the Outbound Call is coming from the Call Queue. The Support Article clearly states though that it would record Outbound calls (see the links on reply below). I believe that it should be investigated by engineering as a bug.

Craig

Alex_z
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Dear team,

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it.

I found the reason for the issue. 

All incoming calls are routed to the Auto Receptionist and then to the Main IVR select the department by pressing the relative key.

Afterward, the call is routed to the specific call queue.

The client wants all outbound calls to have the AR’s caller ID so all incoming calls can be routed to the Main IVR.

So, when the agent makes outbound calls are not recorded because they get the caller id of the Auto Receptionist.

Is it possible to make outbound calls with the caller id of the Auto Receptionist but also to be able to be recorded?

Thank you for your opinions

Alex