cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call queue members receiving calls while in a meeting

LWEly
Listener

My call queue members are receiving queue calls while they are on video calls. Is this expected behavior? Do they need to manually remove themselves from the queue when they have a video call? We have the queue policy set to a rotating distribution, so if they miss a call due to being on a video call, nobody else has a chance to answer the call. I have the config set to disallow receiving call queue calls while taking a call. 

EDITED: I actually put myself in the queue today, and it does not ring through, but it does send me calls while I'm on a video call, that then are just missed and go to our auto-attendant. (My call isn't interrupted with ringing, but after my call is over I see that I've missed 3 calls from the queue.) Since it's in a rotating distribution, nobody else has the opportunity to pick up those calls while I'm in my meeting. Again, is this expected behavior, therefore I will need to remember to remove myself from the queue when I am on a video call?

5 REPLIES 5

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

I would have thought that the setting you chose would handle it. Are they using the Zoom desktop app, mobile app or desk phone?

Craig

FORE-Craig

There is this option in the Phone Settings of the Zoom desktop app to "Hide incoming calls while in a meeting" - see attachment. 

I hope this helps!

Craig

LWEly
Listener

The user is only using Zoom desktop for Mac. She also has the box checked in Zoom preferences to hide incoming calls while in a meeting.

This is why I am stumped. 🙂

Thank you for the suggestions!

FORE-Craig

I would suggest that you log this as a bug!  I have the Mac desktop version also. I will attempt to test it when I get a chance.

Craig

Thank you, Craig! Have a wonderful day.