cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call park into a specific slot?

semenko
Listener

We're trialing Zoom Phone -- with our current provider, users park calls with just one button into one slot -- we blind transfer to slot #1 -- then every phone has a key to pick up that slot.

Is there a way to park a call into a specific slot, rather than getting a randomly assigned park slot?

With the DTMF code *5 we just get a random slot -- we'd like to explicitly park / blind transfer a call to *801.

Similarly, what's the use case for Call Park Line Keys without this option? It looks like I can create ~50 call park line keys (*801-*850) -- is the idea here that someone parks a call randomly, then another user taps ... one of their 50 park slot keys (???) to pick it up? 

semenko_0-1643821453150.png

14 REPLIES 14

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Semenko,

Yes, the Zoom Phone system seems to randomly choose a Call Park Code - not sequentially incremented from *801 on up as one might expect. I agree, line keys assigned to Call Park Slots would make sense if they were sequentially issued, and you only had to add a few line key assignments.

From what I have seen with our various Yealink phones, the Mac desktop Zoom app and the iOS Zoom app, no one can see if any calls are parked except for the person who parked them. Also, the On Park music is the standard Zoom Hold Music, it cannot be set presently to an audio recording of your choice.

I can understand how in an environment where employees are not at a physical desk location that it would be difficult to manage. I would suggest that you submit an enhancement request to at least have the slots assigned incrementally. You can submit requests at: zoom.us/feed

Craig

Craig

SanDiegoM
Listener

We are having the same issue.  No one at Zoom seems to know how to fix this issue.  When I did some investigating, I see that Call Park has to be enabled by Zoom on our account.  I ASSUME that it is, but I need to make sure.  It seems that if there are pre-programmed spots (*801, *802, etc.) that you should be able to park a call there with the press of a button, and that anyone in your organization should be able to pick it up with the press of a button.

You can press *5 while on a call to park (details here), but then your call goes to a random slot, e.g. "833" (in the range 801-850). You then have to tell "833" to someone else, so they can dial *833.

Unfortunately there's no way to send a call to a specific slot -- so you can't really use the line keys for call park. For example, with our current provider GoTo, we can dial the equivalent of *3801 to park to slot 801 (we made that a shortcut called "Park" on every phone), then every phone has a line key (with BLF) for *801 to pick up any parked call.

SanDiegoM
Listener

I heard back from a Zoom tech today.  This was the reply I got, "As the sequential call park feature has already been enabled for the customer's account, then, the customer would need to configure the park slots on their line keys using this support page Using Call Park. They have to configure each and every call park slot as * and the 3 digit park number. This button is then used to retrieve the parked call only. It will not park the call in the slot, just retrieve it. There is no way to direct a call to a specific call park slot either."

There you have it.  There is no way to park a call on a specific park number.  Which is a bummer for a busy receptionist.  Maybe they will make this a feature some day.

MattS
Attendee

If zoom product management is monitoring - this is a huge feature gap compared to the competition. Using the exact same model phones (poly vvx) on another service you can park calls using industry standard methodology.

1. user makes or receives call on handset

2. user parks the call by pushing one of the pre-designated keys

3. same user or another user on phone with same key configuration can retrieve calls by pushing lit up key

with zoom phone, Only difference is step 2, where user digs into a menu to find park function. Then worse, the call is parked on the next available park location starting at 801. This means that the entire company shares the same pool of park locations, instead of being able to assign a specific set of park locations for each use case. 

SanDiegoM
Listener

I agree @MattS.  Seems like Zoom is a little behind the times in some basic settings.  Thank you for your comment.

FORE-Craig

Hi @SanDiegoM @MattS 

The Call Park feature was enhanced to work like MattS was suggesting. You do need to set up the Line Key - Call Park numbers that you would like to use though. After that, you can park a call and retrieve it with the same Key.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Awesome, thats great to hear. thanks for the update Craig!

FORE-Craig

You're welcome, Matt!

Craig

Sorry to revive an old thread, but we are using Zoom Phone and call park is not working as you mentioned. 

I programmed the Call Park on my Line Key on my desk phone, but when I am on an active call and I press the Line Key for park, the call drops and it does not park the line. 

How do we make it work so that I can park a call using a line key?

What desk phone are you using?
I tried several phones this did not work on, and some it did.
I think I had trouble with sequential park using Poly's and Grandstream.
Yealink works for certain.

kbudurka
Listener

If I have multiple sites, and I setup three call parks in site one, 801, 802, 803, can site two have the same numbers 801, 802, 803, BUT not be associated with site one?

Example.

I call in to store one. answerer parks me on 801.

In store two there is someone who calls in and get parked, can the also go on 801 in that site and not conflict with store one's 801?

I learned that call park pools are unique to each site. No conflicts

Sounds like you are not aware zoom has a full featured cloud pbx in addition to conferencing?