cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call my phone - not ringing, but accepted

rburton
Listener

Recently Zoom calling my phone for audio results in "accepted", but the phone never rings. So who is accepting the Zoom connection if my phone is not? This ALWAYS fails on first call, and works on second call. How to get Zoom to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

enielsen
Participant

OK, sounds like this is not a "Zoom Phone" issue, but is a Zoom Meeting issue. You might not be aware that Zoom has a separate product called "Zoom Phone" to use as a company's phone system in the cloud.

In any case, have you tried using a different phone for the Zoom Meeting audio "Call Me" function to see if the behaviour is the same?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Are you using your zoom phone for zoom meetings audio, I.e. participants dial into your zoom phone number?   Where do you see the “accepted”?

or is the case, that someone is trying to reach your zoom phone?

rburton
Listener

Conference call initiated on the computer (or phone). Select "Call Me", "ringing...", "call accepted". But phone never rings. Hang up and repeat and the phone rings. This occurs for every meeting.

enielsen
Participant

Just to clarify - are you using Zoom Phone to call the Zoom Meeting?

Eliot

are you using zoom phone conference call?

Using Zoom Phone conference call – Zoom Support

thanks

eliot

Not sure if this is what we are using. I see more than 10 participants on the call and this link you sent says that this only supports up to 10 callers.  Anyway it is a multi party conference call through Zoom and recently in the last several weeks I must call myself/cancel/call myself to use my phone to connect audio. It has worked for years and now its doing this.

Its called "meeting" and supports 300 callers.

enielsen
Participant

LoL, I didn't know Zoom Phone had this separate conference call feature "Multi Party Conferencing". I'll check with others at might company for authorization for getting this enabled on our Zoom Phone account.

enielsen
Participant

OK, so still not clear to me - are you yourself using "Zoom Phone", i.e. using the Zoom app's Phone tab in this issue? 

Or are you using any phone such as your cell phone (not Zoom Phone on the cell phone!) in this issue?

I'm having Zoom call my phone for Zoom meetings.

enielsen
Participant

OK, sounds like this is not a "Zoom Phone" issue, but is a Zoom Meeting issue. You might not be aware that Zoom has a separate product called "Zoom Phone" to use as a company's phone system in the cloud.

In any case, have you tried using a different phone for the Zoom Meeting audio "Call Me" function to see if the behaviour is the same?