cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding for each line direct number on desk phone

Yogesh_vrtx
Attendee

Hi Team, 

we have installed a poly phone (Poly vvx501) with multiple lines configured on it , now i need to do Call Forwarding for each line direct  number of desk phone for busy and unanswered calls.

Can i do Call Forwarding for each line direct number on desk phone ??. 

Scenario :- 

Desk phone installed with 3 lines to it. 

line 1st having direct number assign 1234 and need to forward to 1111 for busy and unanswered. 

on same desk phone for line 2nd having another direct number 5678 and need to forward to 2222 for busy and unanswered.

and on same desk phone 3rd line 90909 direct number to 33333 for busy and unanswered. 

can i configure the above scenario in zoom and do call forwarding??.  

12 REPLIES 12

enielsen
Participant

Am I correct in assuming:

line 1 - the actual extension assigned this phone

line 2 - a shared line appearance?

line 3 - a shared line appearance?

Or are 2&3 something else like call queues?

Yogesh_vrtx
Attendee

hi Enielsen, 

All the 1, 2, 3 lines are It's Direct line. 

enielsen
Participant

Hmm, I've yet to see Zoom support any physical phone (except for the Poly cordless models) having more than 1 extension assigned. I just setup a fake vvx501 and I could not assign more than 1 extension to it. This is why I asked if the additional lines were something else. No idea why Zoom chooses to not allow more than 1 extension per physical phone as the phones support it of course.

In any case, the reason I ask is because using a desk phone's built in call forwarding features will only forward calls that go to the extension assigned to the phone.  For example, will not forward any calls to shared line appearances, call queues, etc. assigned to the phone. 

enielsen
Participant

So I would look at using the Call Handling of a given extension to handle what happens if the extension is busy or does not answer. This is in the Settings of each extension.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Yogesh_vrtx and @enielsen 

In the Zoom Phone world, we would use what is called Overflow.

A desk phone is assigned to a User, and yes that User may may multiple DIDs assigned to them, however the Overflow configuration is for the User, not for the DID - meaning that all if busy or unavailable, there is one set of parameters. You would not be able to vary the External Number forwarded to based on Incoming Direct Number. 

What I would suggest for this situation is to set your Direct Numbers to separate Call Queues. At each Call Queue level set the Overflow to an External Contact that you would create that has the corresponding external numbers. 

For the User assigned to the desk phone, you would make that person a member of the three Call Queues. 

Craig

enielsen
Participant

@Yogesh_vrtx 

Is this the case? It is a single extension with multiple DIDs? I had forgotten about that possibility.

Yogesh_vrtx
Attendee

Yes, Single Extension but multiple DID's

Yogesh_vrtx
Attendee

hi @jennykim 

What is mean by "you need multiple of them to get that type of connection". 

You said yes, how i can achieve this ?? how to do Call forwarding  

enielsen
Participant

Check if the the Polycom phone supports setting the call forwarding differently on each line. Though - even if it does - this may not work for lines 2 and 3 depending on how Zoom is implementing lines 2 and 3....

I've seen some docs saying the VVX phones support different call forwarding settings per line.

Poly phone support multiline and forwarding for each line when phone is registered poly cloud or cisco to  but when poly phone registered to zoom, zoom doesn't provide the option to forward each line. 

all the lines have common call forwarding. 

FORE-Craig

Hi @Yogesh_vrtx 

You have a few responses to your question. Were you able to resolve issue with answered calls being routed to different external numbers? 

If one of these helped to resolve your challenge, please click "Accept as solution" below the applicable response. Doing so will help all of the members answering questions to know that it has been resolved, and others users to find the best solution if they have the same challenge.

Thank you!

Craig

it's not solve my issue,