cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forward to Internal Number

U2Sun
Listener

A quick search didn't find anything so I am posting this for anyone who has a similar need.

Some users in our office need to have phone lines covered periodically by their colleagues.

One way to implement this would be to use Call Delegation but we didn't like this because then it's always ringing on the colleagues phone.

To have Call Forwarding to an Internal phone I figured out these two options by signing in to the Zoom web portal:  (please let me know if you can think of other ways)

1.  In the navigation menu, click Phone, then click the Settings tab, 

-scroll down to Call Handling,  

-click on When a call is not answered,   

-choose Forward to another extension,

-enter the user that you want to forward to and click Save,

-then Edit your Call Handling settings above so that your phone doesn't ring on any of your devices. (if you skip this step then it will first ring on your devices and then only after you don't answer will it get forwarded)

To turn off this Call Forwarding go back and enable the devices you want your phone to ring on and then also remember to change back  your When a call is not answered  setting to your previous setting.

2.   this second method might be useful when on holiday or if you know the times you need your phone forwarded and you want it to automatically take off the forwarding when the time is up.

-Scroll down to Holiday Hours and click Manage,

-set the date and times you want your phone to be forwarded.

-then Edit your Call Handling settings above so that your phone doesn't ring on any of your devices. (if you skip this step then it will first ring on your devices and then only after you don't answer will it get forwarded) ,

-click on When a call is not answered,   

-choose Forward to another extension,

-enter the user that you want to forward to and click Save,

Hope this helps.

4 REPLIES 4

HuckFinn-ZP
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @U2Sun ,

The below link can help as well to configure the call forwarding/ call handling settings.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059966372-Customizing-call-handling-settings

RomeZP_0-1648847859961.png

Thank you for your valuable inputs and hope this helps too.

U2Sun
Listener

Yes this helps.  Thank you.

Just need to remember to toggle off all devices in Call Handling if you want it to forward straight through and without delay.

(for some reason Zoom doesn't allow setting up an Internal Number in Call Handling but only External numbers and that is why i had to figure out a workaround)

Thank you for posting. I found this more helpful than the zoom help article posted above.

And yes, I agree this is strange. It seems like it would make it much easier if an internal number was an option.

U2Sun
Listener

At least now they added a forwarding feature in the apps that can be forwarded to an internal number but the setting doesn't seem to be available when logging into your Zoom account in a web browser.