cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking phone calls during meeting

nyartmodel
Listener

Hello using an IPhone SE, how do you block incoming phone calls from interrupting a meeting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi NYArtModel,

With the latest version of operating system for iPhone, you can use the Focus setting. You would turn on Focus before you start or join the Zoom meeting and turn it off after the meeting. You can even create one specifically just for meetings. 

The following page on Apple's website describes how to use it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212608

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

FORE-Craig

Hi NYArtModel,

Are you talking about your Zoom Phone Subscription number interrupting your Zoom Meeting, or your iPhone's cell number interrupting your Zoom Meeting?

Craig

nyartmodel
Listener

The calls that are interrupting are to my iPhone's cell number.  How can I block these calls so that the meeting is not interrupted?

FORE-Craig

Hi NYArtModel,

With the latest version of operating system for iPhone, you can use the Focus setting. You would turn on Focus before you start or join the Zoom meeting and turn it off after the meeting. You can even create one specifically just for meetings. 

The following page on Apple's website describes how to use it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212608

I hope that helps!

Craig

Hi, thanks I tried this yesterday and it seemed to work fine.  Thank you!

FORE-Craig

Hi! 

You’re welcome! If you would, please mark my previous message as the Solution, so that others with the same question know what to do. 😊 Thank you! 

Craig

AhmedYounis
Listener

Hello, i have the same issue with Android, Samsung phone, yet it doesn't do the same for other meeting Apps, while using zoom and getting a phone call the zoom mutes sound and mic automatically so i even can't hear the other participants at all. In other apps i could just mute the phone call and continue in the meeting. Also if i am wearing a Bluetooth headset the zoom sound settings gets missed up after the call ends and the headset option disappears and only the loudspeaker settings of the phone works.

FORE-Craig

Hi @AhmedYounis 

Are you talking about calls that are made directly to your cell phone, or calls that are made to your Zoom Phone number and or a Zoom Phone Call Queue?

Craig

Hi, i meant my cell phone calls.

FORE-Craig

Hi @AhmedYounis 

The best way to handle that is by setting your cell phone to a "Do not disturb" or "Focus" mode when you start a Zoom Meeting. Depending on the model of cell phone that you have, this might be called different things.

I hope that helps!

Craig

@FORE-Craig wrote:

Hi @AhmedYounis 

The best way to handle that is by setting your cell phone to a "Do not disturb" or "Focus" mode when you start a Zoom Meeting. Depending on the model of cell phone that you have, this might be called different things.

I hope that helps!

Unfortunately that will not work, phone can't be disabled while in focus mode in my samsung A71 and i believe in any other android too. The thing is that this issue is only in Zoom, i don't face it in google meet or Microsoft teams.

FORE-Craig

Hi @AhmedYounis 

I would encourage you to submit this idea within the feedback form: https://zoom.us/feed. Be sure to explain clearly what is happening, and the fact that it doesn't occur with Google Meet and Microsoft Teams, which might help get it some priority! 😊 

I hope that helps!

Craig

Just purchased a moto g84 device and facing the same issue. Audio calls are disrupting my zoom calls. Didn't face this issue with my OnePlus..hence am surprised this occurred here. Any solution possible?

Is this link still active 

Masy554
Listener

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this could be due to various reasons, and troubleshooting may involve checking different settings and configurations. Here are some steps you can take to address the issue:-

1. Check Do Not Disturb:-
 -Ensure that the "Do Not Disturb" mode is not enabled. When Do Not Disturb is activated, it can suppress calls and notifications.
 -Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and toggle off the switch.
2. Check Blocked Contacts:-
 -Verify that you haven't accidentally blocked the contacts whose calls are being blocked.
 -Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts and review the list.
3. Check Call Forwarding:-
 -Make sure call forwarding is not set up unintentionally.
 -Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and make sure it's turned off.
4. Reset Network Settings:-
 -Resetting network settings can resolve issues related to call blocking.
 -Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will reset Wi-Fi passwords and cellular settings.
5. Check for iOS Updates:-
 -Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS, as updates may include bug fixes.
 -Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
6. Contact Carrier:-
 -Reach out to your mobile carrier to check if there are any network-related issues that might be causing call blocking.
7. Reset All Settings:-
 -If the issue persists, you can try resetting all settings. This won't erase your data but will reset system settings.
 -Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
8. Restore iPhone:-
 -As a last resort, you can perform a full restore through iTunes or Finder.
 -Connect your iPhone to a computer, open iTunes or Finder, and choose to restore your device.

Before performing any reset or restore, it's advisable to back up your important data.

If the problem persists after trying these steps, it might be a good idea to contact Apple Support for further assistance, as there could be specific issues with your device that require professional attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoxNTI1a-FQ&ab_channel=TheGeekPage