cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinking light on Yealink T46U - no voicemail/missed call

Elyjah
Listener

My firm has noticed that after hours they're seeing their phones blink with the red light periodically on their device. For our individual user settings we have people set to 24x7, but our main company number has set hours during the day.

I've also observed that when the phone syncs with the Zoom servers it blinks for a short bit then stops. But my users report (I have not seen it with my own eyes) that the red light continues to blink and looks like it's a missed call. Is this normal/is there a reason for this? I'm hoping to find out - thanks

8 REPLIES 8

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Elyjah 

Yes its possible. Specially on Yealink phones, if a feature or patch is being pushed to the phone, the phone will blink red. It may continue to blink longer if a firmware update is being pushed to the phone and may even reboot.

Hope that helps

Hi Sachinzoom,

I did some testing and from what I've observed, the blinking is pretty steady in our off hours. It doesn't appear to be from syncing or receiving a firmware update as it happens daily on the weekends.  When the phone syncs it appears to be a more rapid blinking of the red light.

enielsen
Participant

I'm assuming that the phone is not showing any missed calls on the screen or history?

Hi enielsen,

Yes, that is correct; no missed calls or voicemails on the phone screen or in the history. Everything has been checked already.

enielsen
Participant

I see this 2018 post on a similar complaint where it seems to be related to the phone being in power saving mode

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/yealink-t46-power-light-indicator.53463/

Are your phones in power saving mode when this is seen? (If you are not setting the mode parameters in your phone templates, I assume Zoom will leave those set to the defaults).

enielsen
Participant

I haven't noticed this issue on my Yealinks, but just might not have noticed. Go to your phone's web interface and looking at Features/Power LED to see your settings.

The power saving led parameters are a bit vague as the results depend on the setting of features.power_saving.power_led_flash.off_time but doesn't say what the value of that item is if not set in one's configuration.

enielsen
Participant

Hmm, indeed the light does do a slow flash by default in power saving mode on my yealinks. Surprised no one has complained. I think the intent is to let people know the phone is still on when the display is blank in the off hours?

enielsen
Participant

So can disable in your phone templates if desired.