cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BiAMP/Tesira Phone Provisioning

dbreilan
Listener

Has anyone successfully provisioned a BIAMP/Tesira phone?  We have a conferencing system that haz the VoIP card built in and we would like to use it with Zoom.  We just moved to Zoom recently and were able to make it work with our last system.  

11 REPLIES 11

enielsen
Participant

In theory one can add any device that supports modern encrypted SIP protocols, but not much info on how to do so. Zoom support might give some help on what is needed but I wouldn't expect too much.

jaron
Listener

Hello, I was curious if you were able to sort this out?  I've got an upcoming migration and have a few of these in one of my offices that has me concerned how I'm going to address it.  Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi dbreilan,

these two biamp documents may help.

Learn how to integrate Biamp’s VoIP-2 card with any SIP-based VoIP system.

Biamp’s VoIP-2 card allows Biamp AudiaFLEX digital signal processors to make and receive phone calls over any Voice-over-IP (VoIP) system that adheres to the SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) standard. Biamp has conducted internal testing of VoIP-2 cards with the following VoIP systems:

Cisco CallManager
Avaya Session Manager
Avaya SIP Enablement Services (SES)
Avaya IP Office
Shoretel
Mitel 3300 ICP

VoIP - Biamp Cornerstone

Use the pdf form linked below to record the settings you'll need to successfully deploy a Biamp VoIP installation. The administrator for the VoIP system can assist you in gathering all of the information you need.

Note that the VoIP-2 card does not allow the use of fully qualified addresses, you must configure the system to allow the extension to register using an IP address. (Example: for the VoIP-2 Proxy Username - *********** is not allowed, Room1234 is allowed.)

Microsoft Word - VoIP Checklist.rev 6.doc (mtstatic.com)

thanks,  eliot

Eliot

Another approach may be to use a zoom certified analog telephone adapter (ATA) to provide an analog telephone line to your biamp equipment.

Zoom Phone Certified Hardware – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

Hi @Eliot , Thank you for your response.  This is a VoIP card in a DSP, so analog wouldn't work, but I think your first response may have led me to the answer.  This would basically be like a third-party SIP endpoint.  Reading through one of the grandstream device configurations, I see it's added as an "other" device along with a manual user account.  I think that is the part I was confused about, is how it's added.  I'll have to determine if the biamp can have certificates added, which hopefully I'll be able to find in the biamp documentation you provided.  I appreciate your response.

Eliot

hi jaron,

i reason i mentioned using an ata is that some people have both biamp svc-2 (voip) and stc-2 (analog) cards in their dsp.  even if you do not have a stc-2 in your dsp, used stc-2 are available on ebay around 40 usd.

because there is a relationship between biamp and zoom for zoom rooms, you might check with biamp as to whether biamp has any guide for using svc-2 with zoom phone.

Biamp and Zoom Rooms

i looked at the biamp article Using TLS and SRTP in Tesira VoIP systems and saw that svc-2 supports zoom phone required tls 1.2 .

Using TLS and SRTP in Tesira VoIP systems - Biamp Cornerstone

thanks,  eliot

Eliot

hi jaron,

1.  if you want to try provisioning your biamp svc-2 card, you will need its mac address.

Finding Tesira MAC addresses - Biamp Cornerstone

2.  make sure that required certificates are in place.  see provisioning screen shot.

3.  add a zoom user with an extension to be used with biamp svc-2, add this zoom user as a zoom phone user.  if desired, assign a calling plan for external calls.

4.  add the biamp svc-2 as an Other Device type.

phone system management->phones & devices->add device other 

phone system management->phones & devices->save add device other

phone system management->phones & devices->provision device other 

phone system management->phones & devices->provisioning 

5.  the provisioning screen will provide the sip credentials for your biamp svc-2 with the mac address you specified including:

1.  sip domain

2. outbound proxy

3.  user name

4. authorization id

5. password

6. configure the biamp svc-2.

Using TFTP to provision Tesira VoIP cards - Biamp Cornerstone

thanks,  eliot

We have multiple Tesira Biamps in multiple offices registered to Zoom phone and they work great until they don't.  The problem we are having is that the VoIP card loses registration and the only way to re-register is to reboot the device.  This occurs randomly.  We've worked with Biamp directly and they don't see anything that could be a culprit. Except that we don't have any certifications on the card.  Our network admin says that "All this means is that Zoom is providing you with the root certificates for the CA they’re using so if your devices wants to validate that it is truly connecting to Zoom, it can.  For the devices that we registered, we said “trust all” which is basically saying “don’t validate”.  Since we’re not validating, I don’t see how putting the certificates on a TFTP server (which would aid in the validation process) would help our scenario." 

Any thoughts?

Hi Eliot, 

On the Sip user, do you use the system Phone number?

Sorry!! beginners user for Cloud VoIP (2nd Cloud System)

thank you,

Ricardo

twilton
Listener

I probably should've replied to the topic and not just Eliot.  Sorry about that....Rookie mistake?

We have multiple Tesira Biamps in multiple offices registered to Zoom phone and they work great until they don't.  The problem we are having is that the VoIP card loses registration and the only way to re-register is to reboot the device.  This occurs randomly.  We've worked with Biamp directly and they don't see anything that could be a culprit. Except that we don't have any certifications on the card.  Our network admin says that "All this means is that Zoom is providing you with the root certificates for the CA they’re using so if your devices wants to validate that it is truly connecting to Zoom, it can.  For the devices that we registered, we said “trust all” which is basically saying “don’t validate”.  Since we’re not validating, I don’t see how putting the certificates on a TFTP server (which would aid in the validation process) would help our scenario." 

Any thoughts?