cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically goes to Voicemail

urbantreeguy
Listener

I believed to have setup the phone system, however, all inbound calls go directly to voicemail. Unless, they know my extension. Can you set it up so that all calls can be answered unless I decline and then they go to VM?  Thanks, in advance.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

HI!

I can understand how you want your calls to go straight through to you. The Auto attendant and Extensions are an integral part of how the system works. What you can do is set the Auto Attendant Business Hours to 24/7 and set its Call Handling to transfer to your extension automatically.

All you need to do is:

1. log into the web portal at zoom.us;
  2. on the left click on Phone System Management under Admin and then Auto Receptionists;
  3. click the name of the Auto Receptionist that was established previously;
  4. on the right under Profile > Business Hours , click edit and select 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, and then click OK;
  5. below the hours set Greeting Prompt to Disable;
  6. click Edit next to Route To, select User in the drop-down list, and select your Name/Extension, and click OK.

Then under the Personal section on the right at the top select Phone, and set the Business hours and Call Handling for the hours when you really want Zoom Phone to ring. 🙂

I hope this helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

urbantreeguy
Listener

That helped me get on my way... I had to disable greeting prompt during business hours and route to user! That was the missing piece for me.  Thanks!

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! I'm glad that I was able to clarify it for you.

Would you mind please marking mt previous response as the solution, so that others who may have the question in the future will know. Thanks!

Craig

8 REPLIES 8

FORE-Craig

HI!

I can understand how you want your calls to go straight through to you. The Auto attendant and Extensions are an integral part of how the system works. What you can do is set the Auto Attendant Business Hours to 24/7 and set its Call Handling to transfer to your extension automatically.

All you need to do is:

1. log into the web portal at zoom.us;
  2. on the left click on Phone System Management under Admin and then Auto Receptionists;
  3. click the name of the Auto Receptionist that was established previously;
  4. on the right under Profile > Business Hours , click edit and select 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, and then click OK;
  5. below the hours set Greeting Prompt to Disable;
  6. click Edit next to Route To, select User in the drop-down list, and select your Name/Extension, and click OK.

Then under the Personal section on the right at the top select Phone, and set the Business hours and Call Handling for the hours when you really want Zoom Phone to ring. 🙂

I hope this helps!

Craig

urbantreeguy
Listener

That helped me get on my way... I had to disable greeting prompt during business hours and route to user! That was the missing piece for me.  Thanks!

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! I'm glad that I was able to clarify it for you.

Would you mind please marking mt previous response as the solution, so that others who may have the question in the future will know. Thanks!

Craig

AOGen86
Listener

Hi Craig, I manage multiple Zoom users, and your instructions do not let me remove calls that go right to voicemail. The problem is, in the Auto  Receptionists section, my company's front desk is the only Auto Reception to modify, which I do not want to change. If I Add a new Auto Receptionist, and enter the user's 3-digit Zoom extension, I get an error: "This extension in use by a current user."   Thanks in advance for your help!

Helpdesk86

FORE-Craig

Hi @AOGen86 

I don't quite understand what you mean. Would you please explain how you have set up up the Auto Receptionist? Is your intent to direct all calls to a specific user?

Craig

AOGen86
Listener

Hello Craig,

Thanks for the quick reply.

A user sent me a ticket: "My Zoom calls to my Zoom number are going to voicemail, can you disable voicemail to my number?"

I need to disable voicemail to their 3-digit Zoom ext. and not seeing how to do this.

My company has set Auto Receptionist for our front desk phone, I do not want to change this setting.

When I tried to Add a new Auto-Receptionist and add the user's extension, I get an error:

"That ext. is currently in use, choose another extension."

FORE-Craig

Hi @AOGen86 

It sounds as though the User whose calls are going directly to voicemail does not have their Call Handling  or their Business Hours set appropriately. I think the problem is that their phone is not ringing. 😊 

You can't disable voicemail as a feature, but the User can choose other options for when they are busy on  another call, or they don't answer the call. 

All of this is done on the Zoom web portal under Personal > Phone > Settings for the User, or if you are an administrator for Zoom Phone, you can access the settings of the users under Admin > Phone System Management > Users & Rooms and then click the User's Name, and then Settings. 

The following support article describes the Call Handling Settings and how to access them:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059966372-Customizing-call-handling-settings

I hope that helps!

Craig

HI Craig - 

Hoping you can help solve this issue for me as well.

We have auto receptionist IVR set up with 3 options.

0 = redirect to Office Manager

1 =  dial by name

2 = leave a voicemail

However, when pressing 0 it directs to Office Manager, but they do not get a call on their phone, they get a voicemail email.  

They have their business hours set up correctly and additionally are receiving calls for another site (different number) with the exact same settings.

I'm not sure how to proceed here!