cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Receptionist

AshdeVera
Listener

Is there any chance that if no one answered the calls/call queue it will go directly to email?

10 REPLIES 10

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Ash,

Yes there is a setting at the company level for Phone System Management where you specify if emails are sent to with an audio file, and/or a transcription. (See first attachment)

At the Call Queue level you can specify who has access to the voicemails left for Call Queue's voicemail box, and whether emails should be sent. (See second attachment)

I hope that helps!

Craig

Craig

AshdeVera
Listener

Ideally, if the phone does not get answered at any extension, it should allow for the caller to leave a voicemail, and those voicemails should then drop to an email.

Can you assist me on how to drop the voicemails to our emails?

FORE-Craig

Yes. So you need to set your Auto Receptionist to transfer to a Call Queue (either the English one or the Spanish one) See 1st attachment where it says "Route to Call Queue" . At the Call Queue level you set up which users' desk phones, or Zoom apps will ring. 

Second Attachment - On the page for the Call Queue(s), set the Overflow to "Leave Voicemail for Current Extension" toward the top. Toward the bottom, specify which users will have access to the recordings on their desk phones and or Zoom app, and below where it says Forward to Email, click set (see arrow), and add as many email addresses as you would like to receive emails for those voicemail messages. 😊 

Voilà !

Craig

Craig

That is for close hours. Is that the same if someone did not answer the call during working hours? The voice mail will go directly to the email that I set?

FORE-Craig

No, there is an Overflow setting for Business Hours and one for Closed Hours.

Craig

As I've checked it, I don't have the option to "forward it to the email" menu.

Can you assist me with how to enable that?

I attached my SS 

FORE-Craig

Thank you! Yes, I see that it does not appear where it does on my account.

Craig

FORE-Craig

I'm sorry, I do not know why the "Forward to email" option would not show if you have enable the notifications on the Phone System Management > Company Info > Account Settings screen. I would suggest that you submit a request at support.zoom.us. 

Craig

NRidge
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@AshdeVera - 

If you are having trouble seeing these options we should verify that you...

1) Have appropriate Zoom account type (Pro, Business, Edu), and

2) Have appropriate Zoom Phone Admin role access level to make these changes. 

Below are a few article excerpts that may help:

"Prerequisites for sharing voicemail inbox access

• Pro, Business, or Education account
  • Account owner or admin privileges
  • Zoom Phone license
  • For sharing a phone user's voicemail inbox, Voicemail policy setting is enabled
  • For sharing a call queue, auto receptionist, or shared line group's voicemail, Forward shared voicemails to emails policy setting is enabled"

*Source article for above: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033863991-Sharing-voicemail-inbox-access

As @FORE-Craig had mentioned you may also need to navigate to

1) Admin >> Zoom Phone Management >> Company info and select the "Account Settings" Link near top center of the page. 

2) On the Company Info menu, looking at the "Settings" tab, scroll down to the Notifications area to see if email notifications are enabled for the following options:

"When users receive voicemails"

"Notify the user when the user receives a voicemail" (Set to Enabled)

-- "Include voicemail file" (Optionally set to Enabled)
 -- "Include voicemail transcription" (Optionally set to Enabled)

**More detail on setting appropriate Zoom Phone email notification options: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360062520191-Changing-email-notification-settings

Hopefully this helps!
Delivering Happiness!