cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio issues - The other party is unable to hear me

hanaalisa
Listener

Hi Zoom community,

I am having this issue with making phone calls where the person I am calling is unable to hear me at all. I, however, can hear them as clearly as their connection allows.

What I have tried out so far:

1. Made sure my settings allowed for mic
  2. Tested normal online Zoom meeting audio (saved the recording and could hear myself clearly) 
  3. Updated area code accordingly as requested by Zoom when viewing phone call settings
  4. Made sure I was not somehow muted on the side of the person being called
  5. Tested with numbers from several different countries
  6. Restarted the app and my devices multiple times
  7. Did all the tests above with both the iOS app as well as desktop app, both with and without headphones
  8. Made sure the apps are up to date

Note that this number has been created for over 24 hours, and again, I can hear the person I am calling fine but they cannot hear me at all. So, I don't think it has to do with the connection itself.

Any other suggestions to troubleshoot?

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but I could not find the topic that matched my query.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey there! My company actually raised the issue to Zoom, and there wasn't really a resolution - it just went away by the time they came back to me. What you have to do is the same thing - which is raise an issue (quickly, so they can perhaps help before you need to make the call) and make sure you have some logs of the calls you wanted to make.

This is how Zoom ended up responding after going through the logs I had sent them:

Good day, Here's the response from our engineers.
"From all the logs, we can confirm that the user’s Zoom client either did not send any packets or the packets did not reach our cloud (Mostly the packets did not reach our server).
We need the client logs if the issue occurs again to check if the packets are being sent. Mostly it should be a temporary network issue, if the issue is not happening again."
So it seems like it was a temporary issue with the network, If the same issue happens again please have it reported to us, We need to get the logs from the client.

This is the information they requested from me:

Call Sample(s)

-Called number:

-Calling number:

-Date/time/timezone of these calls:

-Zoom client or Deskphone:

-Client version or Deskphone model and firmware:

-Error Message Prompt:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @hanaalisa, and welcome to the community! I have gone ahead and created a support ticket with our technical team. Please be on the lookout for an update in your email. 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

pamelalvdiaz
Listener

I've had the same problem for months and haven't found a solution. Audio works perfectly with other video call platforms. On Zoom, though, others are not able to hear me when I'm on my laptop. I've tried all of the above mentioned solutions, too.  Like I said, the audio is fine on the laptop; it's a Zoom issue I'm having.   

Hey there! My company actually raised the issue to Zoom, and there wasn't really a resolution - it just went away by the time they came back to me. What you have to do is the same thing - which is raise an issue (quickly, so they can perhaps help before you need to make the call) and make sure you have some logs of the calls you wanted to make.

This is how Zoom ended up responding after going through the logs I had sent them:

Good day, Here's the response from our engineers.
"From all the logs, we can confirm that the user’s Zoom client either did not send any packets or the packets did not reach our cloud (Mostly the packets did not reach our server).
We need the client logs if the issue occurs again to check if the packets are being sent. Mostly it should be a temporary network issue, if the issue is not happening again."
So it seems like it was a temporary issue with the network, If the same issue happens again please have it reported to us, We need to get the logs from the client.

This is the information they requested from me:

Call Sample(s)

-Called number:

-Calling number:

-Date/time/timezone of these calls:

-Zoom client or Deskphone:

-Client version or Deskphone model and firmware:

-Error Message Prompt: