cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 separate inbound caller IDs to shared receptionists, each inbound call has its own voicemail audio

RichardB1
Attendee

Hi

After 3 hrs it's time to ask the experts!

2 x small businesses at the same location, each with its own phone number. Basically for branding purposes.

Each one is answered by a receptionist (one of 3 staff) using the business name (This doesn't work with auto receptionist because we don't know which phone no. is being rung into)

When the phone is not anwered, it goes to voicemail audio that includes the name of the business.

So far I've set up:

Shared line for both phone numbers - this lets us see which number is being called into and therefore how to answer the phone .... but can't seem to set audio message for one of the two businesses.

Thanks

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

So one idea, the call queue members could just opt out of the queue during their lunch break. Then if no one was available the call should route to voicemail if you have that option set. In the Zoom client if you have the user click on their photo in the upper right of the client, they will see the call queues the are part of and they can just disable the call queues. Then when they come back from lunch they could enable the queues and be back taking calls. 

If you apply the Power Pack to users, they can also select a code when they sign out of the queue. You can create the sign out reasons in the Zoom portal (you need PP for the admin functions, like you need it to view analytics). That way you have time stamps and records of who signed out when, and they can pick a reason. More info here

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4416713389709-Setting-up-call-queue-opt-out-reasons

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jeremyjustin

Hi and thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! Just a thought but have you considered, instead of setting up a Shared Line Group, you set up two Call Queues?

- each call Queue could have a DID and its own greeting message. You can put the same people into each queue. Then when the call comes into one of the three staff, they should see the inbound number and know which business this correlates to. I believe this will help solve your issue? 

A powerful add-on to Call Queues, just for consideration, is something called the Power Pack. You can give it to one person as sort of an admin over all the Call Queues and it provides real time and historical analytics, including a wall board of sorts. You can give a Power Pack license to the people receiving calls if you want them to have a handy pop up for Zoom that gives them more insight into the calls coming in, quick tools to mute and transfer, etc. 

Here are a couple links with more info about Power Pack

https://explore.zoom.us/media/zp_power-pack_whitepaper3.pdf

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/4413424532493-Using-Power-Pack

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

RichardB1
Attendee

Hi Jeremy - wow, yes, it works, the only solution I hadn't tried.

I like the power pack idea - awesome.

One final question - we are maybe quaint but close 12.30pm to 1.00pm every working day for a break.

I wonder how businesses manage this?

Presumably a user can manually change to voicemail at eg 12.30pm , and then remember to turn back on at 1pm?!

If so, can they set the audio message which is either (1) we're on lunch ... or (2) the office is now closed (after 5pm)

If so, I can't see how a user can do this .... (for any set up though we are now using the call queues).

I know I can't replicate a complex IVR I set up via a VOIP provider (automatically 12.30pm to 1pm was a voicemail lunch break) but am looking for a workaround!

Thanks!

Richard

jeremyjustin

So one idea, the call queue members could just opt out of the queue during their lunch break. Then if no one was available the call should route to voicemail if you have that option set. In the Zoom client if you have the user click on their photo in the upper right of the client, they will see the call queues the are part of and they can just disable the call queues. Then when they come back from lunch they could enable the queues and be back taking calls. 

If you apply the Power Pack to users, they can also select a code when they sign out of the queue. You can create the sign out reasons in the Zoom portal (you need PP for the admin functions, like you need it to view analytics). That way you have time stamps and records of who signed out when, and they can pick a reason. More info here

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4416713389709-Setting-up-call-queue-opt-out-reasons