cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre recorded program

Julene
Listener

Please bare with me (my first time doing this). In this program I was going to make the settings in speaker view so who ever is speaking will be in wide view.  I have multiple kids, that will be in different locations, but singing together.  What is the best way to handle this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Julene thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! No problem, I believe what you would like to do is have multiple windows of people (the kids) show up in a larger view for everyone in the Zoom meeting. Speaker view is great like you say because it makes the active speaker come up in a larger window, but if you have multiple "active speakers" at the same time, such as kids singing together at the same time, how do you get them all to appear larger? 

I believe what you want to do is spotlighting. With spotlighting you as the host can select a video square and "spotlight" it, which makes this square go into a larger view for everyone else in the meeting. It's like you are sort of forcing the other participants into a speaker view of this person. You can actually add multiple people to the spotlight where multiple people show up larger and you are forcing that view to the other participants.  We also have the concept of "Pinning" someone's image, but that will only make the image go large on your screen. Spotlighting is similar but it sets the image for everyone else in the meeting.

This support article talks about how to "Spotlight for Everyone" which you would do for the first person and then it also talks about how to pick someone else and "Add Spotlight." 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362653-Spotlighting-participants-videos

I believe this will achieve the desired effect! Please note you can spotlight up to nine participants at the same time. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jeremyjustin

Hi @Julene thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! No problem, I believe what you would like to do is have multiple windows of people (the kids) show up in a larger view for everyone in the Zoom meeting. Speaker view is great like you say because it makes the active speaker come up in a larger window, but if you have multiple "active speakers" at the same time, such as kids singing together at the same time, how do you get them all to appear larger? 

I believe what you want to do is spotlighting. With spotlighting you as the host can select a video square and "spotlight" it, which makes this square go into a larger view for everyone else in the meeting. It's like you are sort of forcing the other participants into a speaker view of this person. You can actually add multiple people to the spotlight where multiple people show up larger and you are forcing that view to the other participants.  We also have the concept of "Pinning" someone's image, but that will only make the image go large on your screen. Spotlighting is similar but it sets the image for everyone else in the meeting.

This support article talks about how to "Spotlight for Everyone" which you would do for the first person and then it also talks about how to pick someone else and "Add Spotlight." 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362653-Spotlighting-participants-videos

I believe this will achieve the desired effect! Please note you can spotlight up to nine participants at the same time. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

What a perfect solution Jeremy!  Thank you very much!

Hi, Jeremy. I have a situation somewhat like julene's.  I have a meeting coming up where I want to record everyone on the meeting in Pin/full screen mode so that I can later edit the video and everyone will appear at the max size in the frame.  How can I do this?

Thanks, diana

preston1
Listener

preston7217 and 7740 and 6988