cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Screen Sharing

_ZoomUser_
Participant

The host is sharing a video, but the video was lagging so we couldn't even hear it or watch it. Me and my friends' WIFI are all fine. The host's WIFI is fine too, his video is as smooth as ever. He tried turning off his video and all our videos, but it's still really lagging. Is there any solution to solve this problem?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bruno-BaKano
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @_ZoomUser_ ,

How many attendants were there in the meeting? And of those who had their video on?
It was a good idea to stop all video feed when issues like these appear because sometimes Zoom will downgrade video quality to the lowest one that works better for the attendee with the worst connection (lowest bandwidth). But since you tried that, I kinda rule out the issue to be the video feed of an attendee.

You mentioned the host shared a video. There are different ways to achieve that during a Zoom meeting and some of them require more bandwith than others.
Can you check if the video was shared using the method described in Sharing a recorded video with sound during your meeting ? OR was the host sharing his entire screen and then played a video? You also need to check if the option Optimize for video clip was selected or not, as this allows for a better experience by optimizing the resolution and transfer rate.

But the only real method to check what could have been the issue is to contact Technical Support . They have the tools to check what happened in the specific meeting from their side and give the reasons why the video experience was very low. They can also confirm what actions were done and options used for sharing the video and then suggest possible solutions or at least an explanation.
Because here in the Community I can only guess possible reasons or causes.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bruno-BaKano

Hi @_ZoomUser_ ,

How many attendants were there in the meeting? And of those who had their video on?
It was a good idea to stop all video feed when issues like these appear because sometimes Zoom will downgrade video quality to the lowest one that works better for the attendee with the worst connection (lowest bandwidth). But since you tried that, I kinda rule out the issue to be the video feed of an attendee.

You mentioned the host shared a video. There are different ways to achieve that during a Zoom meeting and some of them require more bandwith than others.
Can you check if the video was shared using the method described in Sharing a recorded video with sound during your meeting ? OR was the host sharing his entire screen and then played a video? You also need to check if the option Optimize for video clip was selected or not, as this allows for a better experience by optimizing the resolution and transfer rate.

But the only real method to check what could have been the issue is to contact Technical Support . They have the tools to check what happened in the specific meeting from their side and give the reasons why the video experience was very low. They can also confirm what actions were done and options used for sharing the video and then suggest possible solutions or at least an explanation.
Because here in the Community I can only guess possible reasons or causes.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

There were 6 (including the host).  Only the host turned on his video. He tried turning off his video, but it was still lagging.  Thanks for trying anyways!

RidEther
Listener

Zoom has had this Screen Share issue for some time. There are no steps to fix this issue on the regular plan.

Please consider purchasing THE ZOOM Event & Webinar Plan.  It’s on sell for $690 a year licensing. This will correct this issue. Giving you Clean video with no lag.

Ausphoche
Listener

So the idea is to upsell a solution for hundreds of dollars per year to give a small business or non-profit what they can get for free with a competitor?  Seriously,  your free competitor provides a simple solution: Click share, click Share video option, input URL. and presto! A shared video that doesn't have to originate with the user sharing! Upload bandwidth problem solved! When will Zoom catch up to the competition?