cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Conversion Problem

phenry
Listener
I teach a class at 8:00 am and am recording the session on zoom.  Once I end the session at 8:50, the video starts to convert.  But I don't have time to wait for complete conversion because I need to head towards my next class, which I also want to record, that starts at 9:00 am.  I then record the 9:00 class and get it to convert completely.

But then I go home, try to locate the partially converted file (from the 8:00 class), and get it to start converting again.  But I'm told that the partially converted file is now 'corrupted' and cannot be converted.

Is there a way to circumvent this problem (assuming that the time of the classes cannot be changed)?
3 REPLIES 3

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @phenry ,

In that you do back to back meetings with recording, I strongly encourage you to use Cloud Recording instead of local recording.  With Cloud recording all of the processing is done in the Zoom Data Center and you will get an email with a link to your recording when it is complete.  You can then download, share, etc. right from your Zoom account.

This will take away all of the resource strain on your computer to process the files and prevent file corruption as it will not get interrupted.

To learn more about cloud recording check out this article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203741855-Starting-a-cloud-recording

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

Thanks so much.  Solves problem.

Dan_ZoomSE

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button on my original reply so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!