cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Backgrounds and Blur won't work

aliet2
Listener

I have tried everything I know how to do and still VB and Blur refuse to work. I am very good with computers. The option is grayed out and states "Your device does not support virtual backgrounds". I have confirmed my PC has the necessary requirements and even tried multiple webcams. In fact, I even have my work computer next to me, and tried the webcam I use for work. These features work fine on my work PC (still, NOPE). I have tried going into systems and making changes, watched multiple YouTube videos, ad nauseum. Can someone help? I am now completely frustrated with Zoom and stuck. I have literally sat for hours reading articles and can't find the answer. 

5 REPLIES 5

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @aliet2,

There are Teo different types of virtual backgrounds, static images and moving images.  The requirements for each are different.

Please review the support article below detailing computer system requirements for virtual backgrounds.  The Web cam has no bearing, it is all about PC resources.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360043484511-Zoom-Virtual-Background-system-requirements

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

"Video without a physical green screen

• Zoom desktop client, version 4.6.4 or higher
  • Windows 7, 8, or 10 (64-bit)
  • Supported processors (720p background video)
    • Intel i5, i7, i9
      • 2 cores or higher
      • 6th generation or higher
      • Excludes Atom and Y series
      • Processor must have Intel GPU
      • OS must be Windows 10, 64-bit
  • Supported processors (1080p background video)
    • Intel i5 
      • 4 cores or higher
      • 6th generation or higher
      • Excludes U series
    • Intel i7, i9, Xeon
      • 4 cores or higher
      • 4th generation or higher
    • Intel CPU with HD 620 integrated graphics requires the following:
      • Windows 10, 64-bit
      • Zoom client version 5.0.4 or higher
      • Driver version 26.20.xx.xx or higher
      • i7 2 cores; OR
      • i5 2 cores with major version 26.20 or higher and minor version 7323 or higher
    • Other Intel processors
      • 6 cores or higher
      • 4th generation or higher
      • Excludes Atom and Y series
    • Non-Intel processors
      • 8 cores or higher with 3.0GHz or higher; OR
      • 12 cores or higher
    • AMD - Ryzen 5/7/9 or higher"

How do I know if mine is a "6th generation or higher"? 

Zoom is the worst! Trying to apply a Zoom virtual background. My PC meets all the hardware requirements and it still doesn't work. Error 'Your device does not support Virtual Backgrounds' but yet my PC does meet all the the hardware requirements. GOTO Microsoft TEAMS....never have any issues!!!

MattS
Attendee

As mentioned above, zoom automatically detects If the pc meets the required specs. I don’t think there is anything you can do if it’s not detecting it.

however you may be able to use an app like “snap camera” to apply blur and other video effects, then join a zoom meeting with those settings applied.

MrWalters
Listener

Virtual Background on my Macbook pro is Grayed Out, Ive downloaded the lastest version and its turned on in the account online, its still grayed out.