cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmute issue

hshakeel
Listener

Other parties don't hear upon unmuting via zoom mobile android. Is this an app issue or a hardware issue?

5 REPLIES 5

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@hshakeel unmuting the app should unmute you for everyone.  Please verify that you do not have yourself muted on either your phone/tablet or your headset if you are using one since unmuting the application will not unmute the hardware.

Thanks for the reply. I'm connected to my car via Bluetooth (also sometimes not connected to any device) and noticed sometime others did not hear me on unmuting. Could this be a hardware issue?

colegs

@hshakeel it could be device related, but more likely it is due to the background noise causing your voice not to be heard on the microphone.   Does the problem mostly occur while you are driving, or does it happen while you are parked as well?

Noticed both while driving and as well just using the phone on speaker. BTW I'm using google pixel 5a 5g mobile.

colegs

I cannot guarantee that it is not an issue with the hardware, but typically if the phone is not moving (in which case the bluetooth connection could be broken), that would not be the case.  Most likely it is environmental, so either the background noise or an echo in the car would cause the microphone to cut out.  While it is important to be hands free when in your car, it can introduce some challenges when you want to interact with Zoom (or normal phone calls for that matter).