cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Livestream to Facebook Group

Bob27
Listener

Whenever I press the Livestream to Facebook button it takes me to a page with the button "Connect to Facebook".  When I press the button it flashes and comes back the same and does nothing.  I am already logged into Facebook on another page, and I tried other browsers and tried logging out of FB first too.  I cannot get past this.    I am an Admin for the FB group. I've got a Zoom Pro account and I have Windows 10 on a PC.

5 REPLIES 5

Bob27
Listener

In FB I see Zoom Video Livesream Prod got added, BUT it isn't listed under the "All Apps and Websites" listing under FB Settings. I was luckily to be shown the page at one point, where it is listed and I took a screenshot of it and on my PC the Zoom Video Livesream Prod App ID URL is:
https://www.facebook.com/settings/applications/app_details/?app_id=294719114878005

So it seems to me that this app is being placed in an uncategorized area as it ISN"T showing up in the "All Apps and Websites" listing area where it should be. I went to that URL above and I can see it and I have uninstalled it and then reinstalled many times, but if I didn't have that URL I wouldn't be able to do that.

I found that the Zoom Video Livesream Prod app is located in the Business Integrations area rather then Apps and Websites. so maybe has something to do with this as I saw originally that it was placed under Apps and Websites, so maybe a conflict of some sort?

bodyworxgirl
Listener

I am hoping you get a response to this, as I am having the very same issue ...getting the message to login to my Facebook account but then not moving past that page, even when I click the button to do so. Very frustrating, as I have successfully used the Live to FB group format every single week for the last year+ ... and now all of a sudden, I can't.

Yeah so frustrating! In the meantime I have been forced to look for another solution, I found "Restream"
https://app.restream.io/home

The free version wont be enough to go live on FB, so you will need to upgrade to the "Standard" level

Restream works much like the zoom app, however rather than selecting "Live on Facebook" while in Zoom you select "Live on Custom Live Streaming Service" and enter the values found within Restream to be able to use Zoom and go live on FB. it works!

ElishaKellen
Listener

@Bob27 wrote:

Whenever I press the Livestream to Facebook button it takes me to a page with the button "Connect to Facebook".  When I press the button it flashes and comes back the same and does nothing.  I am already logged into Facebook on another page, and I tried other browsers and tried logging out of FB first too.  I cannot get past next-gen iPad Pro.    I am an Admin for the FB group. I've got a Zoom Pro account and I have Windows 10 on a PC.

If you're facing an issue where clicking the "Connect to Facebook" button on the Livestream to Facebook page doesn't initiate any action and simply refreshes the page, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try. First, ensure that you have the necessary permissions as an admin for the Facebook group. Next, try disabling any browser extensions or plugins that might interfere with the connection. Additionally, clear your browser's cache and cookies to eliminate any stored data conflicts.