cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching between multiple professional accounts'

Milleca
Listener

Hello,

I have 3 different professional accounts from  2 different organizations and I get very frustrated as my Zoom client won't save my credentials (emails and passwords). I use strong passwords that are too difficult and long to type. That's really frustrating and I am loosing time. Why Zoom isn't proposing the different emails accounts and pw as other apps do ? What can we do about that ?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Milleca @KirkW @LeahOMFA @GPJ @TheRealVoice thank you for your feedback! I just stumbled upon this discussion and wanted to say that this feature is live today within the Zoom desktop client! 

Updating to the latest version of Zoom will give you this ability when adding more than one account to the Zoom desktop client. More info within Release notes for November 20, 2023 "Support sign-in and switch between multiple accounts: Admin control"

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Milleca 

I would suggest using a password manager, like LastPass.

TheRealVoice
Listener

I wish switching between accounts was easier. I have a password manager and it's not much faster than typing manually as the Zoom client on a desktop (PC or Mac) means several steps are involved. I don't know why there's even a "Switch account" option in Zoom as it seems to do the same (to me) function as logging out. Today's one of the days where I need to switch between my personal account and an organization's account several times. 

GPJ
Listener

Please can Zoom make this easier. Very frustrating to switch between work and private accounts.

KirkW
Listener

Good day.

Just would like to add my voice to this thread. I was going to start a new discussion but searched and found that a couple discussions have already been started so really hoping that the developers will look into this with some urgency.

Is it possible to have multiple accounts saved within the Zoom desktop application? In doing so, when one clicks on “Switch Account” what will be presented is a list of one’s saved multiple profiles. Therefore the “switch” will be easier as one can simply click on the desired profile and proceed.

As it is now I have to be entering the credentials from scratch each time. If at least the usernames are saved it would really help. Given the nature of my job I have multiple Zoom accounts that I manage via work in addition to my personal account. A true switch would really help to make my day easier as I move between accounts.

If there already exists an option to manage this I stand corrected and I am open to receiving guidance

Regards,

LeahOMFA
Listener

Well, since this has not been resolved as far as I can see... I would like to add my vote into the mix to have an ACTUAL "Switch Accounts" function and not just a switch account function that forces me to do that same function as signing out and back in again. This is especially frustrating when you have two-factor authentication turned on. We need a QUICK way to switch between accounts... that is the whole point of that option. Otherwise, it is basically useless and serves no purpose beyond that of the Sign Out option. PLEASE resolve this... even if it's only available to paid subscribers. I'd happily pay for this function. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Milleca @KirkW @LeahOMFA @GPJ @TheRealVoice thank you for your feedback! I just stumbled upon this discussion and wanted to say that this feature is live today within the Zoom desktop client! 

Updating to the latest version of Zoom will give you this ability when adding more than one account to the Zoom desktop client. More info within Release notes for November 20, 2023 "Support sign-in and switch between multiple accounts: Admin control"

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

It's good to know this is working now. Unfortunately, in the time between replying to this thread and your release, I'm no longer using Zoom as my video conference solution for meetings. Should I need to come back to it, though, I'm glad to know this option will be there.