cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Is not Compatible for You Tube Upload Anymore

CindyO
Listener

The Zoom Recordings used to be compatible to upload to You Tube but are not saving as a compatible file this time. Is there a way to change this on Zoom?

3 REPLIES 3

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @CindyO thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! If you are recording to your local computer it may be necessary to manually convert the recording. A few steps are mentioned towards the bottom of this support article

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362753-Troubleshooting-local-recording-issues

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Thank you. I could do the first three steps and then the last step you suggested, Step # 4. hit convert, I don't see as an option. 

jeremyjustin

Hi @CindyO if "convert" is not an option it sounds like you created a cloud recording, which is totally fine and typically more flexible than local recordings. 

Cloud recordings create a file with a .mp4 extension which is typically something that can be played by various sources. When you create Zoom recordings are they recording to the Zoom cloud? And if so can you tell which types of recordings they are now? I am trying to understand what has changed or what is not working specifically. Thanks!