cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording @ 1080p

Steve49
Listener

Prior to December, 2021, I recorded meetings at 1080p. The results could be posted to YouTube and it reflected HD quality. This was important to me since some of the participants were doing screen sharing of PowerPoint slides. Resolution counted.

Since that time, without my making any changes to my computer or Zoom settings that I am aware of, other than doing the Zoom updates, my recordings come out at 720p. A few of my friends post recordings and theirs still reflect 1080p. Is there some change on Zoom's part to the PRO accounts that are only now limiting my recording quality?

5 REPLIES 5

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Steve49 

Kindly see this KB article that describe the video resolution for recordings - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4409490756749-Resolution-of-recorded-video

Hope this helps!

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

I had seen this before. This says that 1 or 2 person sessions are at 1080. I am not getting that. Uncle Google turned up an article today for me that dates this as a change that went into effect in January. Sources seem to differ, some saying that 1080 is available only to Enterprise, Business and Education accounts while others seem to say Pro accounts are also eligible. Another puzzling and contradictory piece is that some of my friends can record at 1080 dnd even 4k. I can accept that Zoom changed their practice, though a clearer announcement would have been a better business practice. I have a much harder time with the contradictory experiences.

ThomasBlatch
Listener

I am still trying to figure this out with their plans, it's not very straightforward unfortunately

ThomasBlatch
Listener

Is 1080p available on a Pro account? The suggested article about does not mention plans?

Steve49
Listener

It is available. I'm not sure whether it's Zoom or YouTube where I upload my videos; but sometimes it will do one thing and other times another. I've even seen a person I work with upload from her Mac and sometimes get 4k video. She has no idea how or why it happens, but just does.