cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Streaming into Facebook - new issue as of Feb 19, 2023

dalebrown1957
Listener

As of Sunday February 19 2023 I am no longer able to livestream into Facebook from Zoom. I have confirmed I have livestream enabled, I have the option on my zoom meeting screen. I click and it takes me to Facebook; I login as I always have, and then I get a message that says you must first be logged in with a blue box that says connect. I have confirmed I am logged in, and I can login from the exact same browser I use from Zoom. Any help would be appreciated. This is our platform for reaching church members who are remote for worship services.

10 REPLIES 10

BlakCryptoQueen
Listener

I've experienced the same! I have a FB group for my students and that's where I connect to educate them about crypto. It's been asking me to log in but I've been logged in and my FB account won't connect. 

gmbscrapper
Listener

Same thing is happening to me.  I've tried everything from uninstalling to reinstalling.   I can't find help on this anywhere.

annereynolds7
Listener

Same happened to me too! I missed my own live event because of it and Zoom tech support is sooo slow and painful! Try to change your default browser and see if that works!

RobbieBrannon
Listener

Does anyone have a solution to this problem yet?

mdbrown664
Listener

I am experiencing the same problems since February 5 2023 I am no longer able to livestream into Facebook from Zoom. I have confirmed I have livestream enabled, I have the option on my zoom meeting screen. I click and it takes me to Facebook; I login as I always have, and then I get a message that says you must first be logged in with a blue box that says connect. I have confirmed I am logged in, and I can login from the exact same browser I use from Zoom.  We use Zoom to reach our church members who can't attend in person.  I have also reinstalled Zoom on both my desktop and laptop - same results.  Any help would be appreciated.

rsanford
Listener

Is there any resolve to this issue yet? 

Hello.  I was able to switch to Microsoft Edge and I was able to access the FB Live Streaming from Zoom.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! 

I you are encountering this issue, please try a different browser and let me know if the issue continues in the new browser.

Please also perform the following:
-Clear cache your browser. See the steps: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7970865190285-Clearing-Zoom-cache-and-cookies
-Check Facebook permissions.

How to check Facebook permissions

You can stream to your Facebook Timeline or to a Facebook Group or Page, if you have appropriate permissions.

To check your permissions for a Facebook group

You must have admin permissions for a group to stream. If you have moderator or member permissions, you will not be able to live stream to this Facebook Group.

1. Sign in to your Facebook account.
  2. Search for and choose the group you would like to stream to.
  3. Click Members.
  4. Under Admins & Moderators it will list anyone who is assigned each role for this page. Only admins can stream to a page.
  5. Click ... next to your name.
    • If you are a moderator for the group, you will have the option Remove as Moderator. You will not be able to live stream.
    • If you are an admin for the group, you will have the options Change to Moderator and Remove as Admin. You will be able to live stream.

You will also need to add Zoom as an app for your Group.

1. Log in to your Facebook account.
  2. Search for and choose the group you would like to stream to.
  3. On the left side panel, click Settings.
  4. In the Manage Advanced Settings section, click the edit pencil 

next to Apps.
  5. Click Add Apps.
  6. Search for Zoom, click on Zoom, and then click Add.
  7. Follow the on screen prompts to authorize Zoom to have access to this Facebook group. 

Then try again!

For your reference: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115000350406-Livestreaming-meetings-or-webinars-on-Faceboo...

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

can't switch to a different web browser it keeps connecting with chrome even thought I am logged in to facebook with firefox

bmwparker1
Listener

Had the same issue over a year ago. I had to switch from Firefox to a new browser. I use Avast. Worked fine up until last week. Now we can't livestream with Zoom or by any other means. Facebook seems to be having issues. I've switched to broadcasting through YouTube.