cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide participant list so can protect the privacy attended list?

Simon5678
Listener

we open the public zoom but would want to hide all participant list to protect attended privacy.

look for solution pls

How to hide participant list so can protect the privacy attended list?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @janetteb,

By default, participants list in a webinar are always hidden to attendees, and always seen by panelists. 

However, you can allow attendees to view the participant count at the bottom of the Participants panel in the Panelists tab > Allow attendees to > View Participant Count

webinar-participant-attendee-counts.png

Related article (Additional Controls): https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004834466-Managing-attendees-panelists-in-webinar#h_01E...

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Lu_1982 @MyBigCareer @janetteb 

Currently, it is not possible to hide the list of attendees from the panelist. I would encourage you all to submit this feature via our feedback form to our product teams at zoom.us/feed! 

Related article: Hiding the participant count in a webinar

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Simon5678, Welcome to the Zoom Community! This is a great contribution as I am sure many others may have the same question 🙂

Hiding the participant list is currently unavailable using Meetings. You can however hide the participant list utilizing a webinar: https://zoom.us/webinar. Please take note of the limitations and differences between webinars and meetings, here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005474943-Meeting-and-webinar-comparison.

If you would like to see this capability using Meetings, please provide this feedback to our product teams at https://zoom.us/feed

Hope this helps!

If you found this reply answered your question, click Accept as Solution

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

How does one hide the participants list in a webinar?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Panelists can see both lists (Panelists and Attendees are in two tabs on the Participant's list) in a webinar; attendees can't see either list.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

How can I hide the number of participants?

I have zoom webinar and would like to know how to hide the total number of participants? I cannot find the feature in settings.

I have zoom webinar and would like to know how to hide the total number of participants? I cannot find the feature in settings.

Hi @janetteb,

By default, participants list in a webinar are always hidden to attendees, and always seen by panelists. 

However, you can allow attendees to view the participant count at the bottom of the Participants panel in the Panelists tab > Allow attendees to > View Participant Count

webinar-participant-attendee-counts.png

Related article (Additional Controls): https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004834466-Managing-attendees-panelists-in-webinar#h_01E...

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Thanks @CarlaA 

But is there a setting to stop panelists seeing the number of attendees?

Richard

Richard, did you ever get an answer on this?? I need to hide the participants number from my panelists...

But is there a way to hide the participants number from panelists??

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Lu_1982 @MyBigCareer @janetteb 

Currently, it is not possible to hide the list of attendees from the panelist. I would encourage you all to submit this feature via our feedback form to our product teams at zoom.us/feed! 

Related article: Hiding the participant count in a webinar

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

sajithkumar
Attendee

For my research purposes, I have encountered a similar scenario where it is necessary to disable the participant list for panelists. This is to ensure that during research interviews, candidates do not feel like they are being watched by others. Therefore, it is important to take measures to minimize any potential discomfort or self-consciousness that may affect the quality and authenticity of their responses

As another researcher, I have the same need. 

@sajithkumar @jo4short thank you for detailing how this would be useful in your use case! I would encourage you both to submit this feature request to zoom.us/feed where the appropriate teams review Zoom feedback.

Thank you! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Ray_Harwood

Just a thought to consider:  If confidentiality is super-important, use a Webinar format.  Attendees can't see any other attendee names, nor can they see their screens, which also display names.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi,

I'm not seeing any "Hide Participants List" under Participants tab. Attaching the screenshot for your reference. 
Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 10.15.48 AM.png