cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HATE the latest website updated

GrantH
Listener

I saw that Zoom recently revised the page for creating new meetings - page has always had a nice look & feel, but recent (unneeded, I'd guess) changes, at least 1 which seems like it was make "just because we could" have made my meeting setups a bit harder.

I setup regular meetings for 12-step groups, and until recently, it's been a breeze.  The meeting title, like almost all text boxes on web pages, "remembers" the last few entries, I select one that's close and just change the date - good to go!  Then, I'd just scroll down and select "allow participants to join anytime", since sometimes members would sign on before the host.

NOW - The text box for meeting title no longer remembers latest entries (my guess is they either made their own control , which doesn't support history, or they deliberately disabled history... why???).  Now I have to keep a .txt file with the subjects so I can copy n' paste/edit, rather than re-type it every time (it's important that the title follow a consistent style)

THEN - scroll down to the bottom, and .... the "allow participants...." option is GONE!  ... wait - there's a "show" / "hide" option - now I have to click that to see what I've always seen before.  Now, this is actually a good option to have - when you need it - generally if the options are long and it make the rest of the page harder to get to since you have to scroll past it - NEITHER of which applies here - there's only FOUR options, and they're at the BOTTOM of the page - why do we need to hide them???  One extra click seems petty, but I work on public facing websites, and this is website 101 rules being ignored, and the MOST common complaint I get from users of my websites is, "now I HAVE to make this extra click to do what I wanted to do" - remember - what the designer/programmer/managers all feel is INVALID if the users find the results to detract from the UX (user experience).

I looks like times I've seen web programmers "improving" a site based on their own ideas ("hey look, I could put a 'hide/show' option here!" - [whether it needs it or not]l), rather than the feedback from the community.

Obviously, I could be wrong about all of this, however I'd like to see the comments calling for removing text box history and imposing a 'hide/show' option for 4 options at the bottom of the screen - ???

4 REPLIES 4

ChrisO
Note Taker

If your meetings always use the same names and descriptions, you could create templates to save yourself some time. Here is how they work https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360036559151-Meeting-templates.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Thanks very much for the timely response, I will definitely look into setting up templates.

maip744
Listener

I think you can make a template for your self which helps you to use it more smoothly lets visit here and learn about it more.

dat11
Listener

Yes i Like this