cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit button of host key is not enabled

praveen270877
Listener

I want to change my host key but edit button is not enabled.

12 REPLIES 12

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @praveen270877 

Check under https://zoom.us/account/setting/security for the setting "Only account admin can change users' name, profile picture, sign-in email, and host key".

Hope this helps.

Rupert

CMarkPerry
Listener

I am the Admin... and the HOST KEY is greyed out.. I cannot change my compromised Host Key... Help

I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

katie_paskvan
Listener

Check to make sure a meeting is not currently in session for that account.

That is right.  After I logged out, I could change the HOSTKey.  Thanks Katie

TessLow
Listener

Hi i am having the same problem, i am th e owner of the account and its a licensed account. and there are no meeting currently on, so why is my hosts key greyed out?

Hi Tess - did you find a way around this please?  I'm having the same problem, cannot change the host key, am the owner of the account, no meetings currently underway.  

womynstar8
Listener

I have the same problem, except my 'edit' for the host key has disappearedl.

ProfDev
Listener

I am having the same problem as well! 

I have tried to enable "participants can join before host" in case this was stopping it, but no. 

ProfDev_0-1673435250559.png

I went into security settings but there is nothing that I can find that relates to enabling the host key. 

I am the admin so need help with this please

ElaineMo
Listener

Hello

Since my query on 24.10.22 above, I've been able to update our host key but I can't quite remember how I achieved this!  

When I login to our account and go into Profile, it gives me the option there to edit the host key.  As the account owner I think I was then able to go to User Management and edit the host key for each of our licences.  I hope that helps you.  

ElaineMo
Listener

Hello

Since my query on 24.10.22 on this forum, I've been able to update our host key but I can't quite remember how I achieved this!  

When I login to our account and go into Profile, it gives me the option there to edit the host key.  As the account owner I think I was then able to go to User Management and edit the host key for each of our licences.  I hope that helps you.  

Int_R0
Listener

ADMIN -> Advanced -> Security -> 

> User need to input Host Key to claim host role with the length of
> ( ) digital number
> This feature is in beta. Please contact our customer support team for more details.

Change the minimum digits of Host Key.

PERSONAL -> Profile -> Meeting -> Host Key, click Edit