cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Zoom Meetings Mini Window

Rakula
Listener

Hey, in the recent update of Zoom, i'see a small window, which is present always on the screen showing my upcoming meetings. It is very annoying to have it always. Can anyone help me to turn off that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mok
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Rakula You may turn off the "Zoom assistant" feature from Zoom client > Settings > General > Zoom Assistant; uncheck "Meetings" or disable in account level on the Zoom web portal, Personal > Settings > Meeting > Other > Zoom Assistant.

You may also turn off on account or group level with owner/admin access -  Admin > Account Management > Account Settings > Meeting > More Settings > Zoom Assistant

If this has answered or helped find a solution to your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.
Cheers!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Mok

@Rakula You may turn off the "Zoom assistant" feature from Zoom client > Settings > General > Zoom Assistant; uncheck "Meetings" or disable in account level on the Zoom web portal, Personal > Settings > Meeting > Other > Zoom Assistant.

You may also turn off on account or group level with owner/admin access -  Admin > Account Management > Account Settings > Meeting > More Settings > Zoom Assistant

If this has answered or helped find a solution to your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.
Cheers!

What is the Zoom client? Is it the tiny window because I can't even close Zoom except by restarting my computer. 

Also, I found Settings > General > 

and bookmarked it, but there still is no Assistant listed 

Help

Also, I found Settings > General > 

and bookmarked it, but there still is no Assistant listed 

Help

Rakula
Listener

Thanks for the support, it worked. 👍

fukczoom
Listener

there is no such setting on my account

fukczoom
Listener

Also, a search on zoom's website returns no results for assistant of any kind.

dschrempf
Listener

Same here, the setting does not seem to be available anymore.

Thanks. If only there was a similar config file in the Windows version! Alas, seems not.

Seems dumb to not have it as a standard setting, as there are many many threads online about it, suggesting it's not some rare niche use case. It's so annoying to me—when things are minimized, I know where they are. The mini window seems to just open wherever it can best blend into the background of whatever else is active on my computer.

1. "Crap, they're mentioning something I need to see. Let's quickly click the taskbar button to open the window again." 
2. "SURPRISE! The Zoom presentation has now become tiny! Quickly scan every inch of my enormous display for it.
3. Found it! But noooo, it's tiny and I still can't see! Quick, click expand!
4. [50% of the time] "Argh, they've already moved on to a new slide!"

Repeat daily.