cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot livestream to Facebook

Stacie7
Listener

Whenever I press the More/Livestream to Facebook button it takes me to a page with a button "Connect to Facebook".  When I press the botton it does nothing.  I am already logged into Facebook on another page.  I cannot get past this.  This is so frustrating and wish I could speak to a LIVE person.  I've got a Zoom Pro account and I have Windows 10 on a PC.

7 REPLIES 7

Rnsews
Listener

Same here. When I get into the more section after already uploading the zoom app to my private group, the group is not shoe up in the selected box. I'm tired of looking for a Solution and not being able to talk to anyone. I m going to look into more supportive platforms.

Bob27
Listener

@Stacie7Yup same here, all the same things happen to me also. I've got a Zoom Pro account and I have Windows 10 on a PC. Tried other browsers and the same thing.

Bob27
Listener

In FB I see Zoom Video Livesream Prod got added, BUT it isn't listed under the "All Apps and Websites" listing under FB Settings. I was luckily to be shown the page at one point, where it is listed and I took a screenshot of it and on my PC the Zoom Video Livesream Prod App ID URL is:
https://www.facebook.com/settings/applications/app_details/?app_id=294719114878005

So it seems to me that this app is being placed in an uncategorized area as it ISN"T showing up in the "All Apps and Websites" listing area where it should be. I went to that URL above and I can see it and I have uninstalled it and then reinstalled many times, but if I didn't have that URL I wouldn't be able to do that.

Bob27
Listener

I found that the Zoom Video Livesream Prod app is located in the Business Integrations area rather then Apps and Websites. so maybe has something to do with this as I saw originally that it was placed under Apps and Websites, so maybe a conflict of some sort?

Bob27
Listener

Yeah so frustrating! In the meantime I have been forced to look for another solution, I found "Restream"
https://app.restream.io/home

The free version wont be enough to go live on FB, so you will need to upgrade to the "Standard" level

Restream works much like the zoom app, however rather than selecting "Live on Facebook" while in Zoom you select "Live on Custom Live Streaming Service" and enter the values found within Restream to be able to use Zoom and go live on FB. it works!

JustJan808
Listener

I tried the link in Chrome and it worked there.  Wasn't working in Firefox even after updating the Firefox extension..  Hope this helps.

ACPhillips
Listener

Have had the same issues.  Just got a new Win 11 Dell and even Zoom can't get my mtg to LiveStream into FB.