cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom with snap camera

yozo
Listener

Hi, zoom cannot recognize snap camera in my windows8.1 but my friends use snap camera with their zoom. Is my windos8.1 matter? If you have the same problem and solved it already, please tell me how to solve or what is the cause of the problem. I wonder if I need windows10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Ok @yozo thank you for getting back to us. There are definitely some apps that are not good with sharing!  Just one more thought, when you start your computer sometimes programs will load up and run in the background without you knowing. If you can get to Task Manager I believe you can check there, I am not sure if this will help but just in case https://www.onmsft.com/news/closing-apps-windows-81-requires-you-drag-and-hold

I know this hasn't "fixed" the issue per se but if you have found this post helpful, please feel free to click "Accept as Solution" below. Others will still be able to add to this posting. Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jeremyjustin

Hi @yozo thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! I do not have a Windows 8.1 machine to test this with but Zoom does work with Windows 8.1. After installing Snap, have you fully exited Zoom and opened Zoom again to see if you have the option?

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Hi @jeremyjustin than you for your quick reply. I did fully exited Zoom after installing Snap camera app, even restart PC many times to test if Zoom recognize snap camera app. I expected I can see the name of snap camera on the list of video of Zoom because many articles on the internet say so but in my environment, it didn't happen. So I guess my windowsOS 8.1 might be the matter, I'm not sure though.

Hi, @jeremyjustin adding to the previous reply, Zoom itself perfectly works in my windows8.1. The problem is the only 'snap camera with zoom' in my environment. 🙂

jeremyjustin

Hi @yozo @do you know if there might be some other program using Snap that you could close and exit? I am not sure if that could be the issue but if Zoom isn’t recognizing it, some other app could be occupying it?

Hi @jeremyjustin during my checking, I only use Zoom and Snap camera just after start PC. As additional info, USB live camera (real camera) can be used only from one app in my PC, I mean, if Zoom is displaying my face via USB live camera, Snap camera app cannot use it, and the same for Snap camera case. USB live camera cannot be share by two apps. I wonder this also could be the issue. I think my problem could be nothing to do with Zoom, so I would close this question here. Thank you for your help jeremyjustin. 😊

jeremyjustin

Ok @yozo thank you for getting back to us. There are definitely some apps that are not good with sharing!  Just one more thought, when you start your computer sometimes programs will load up and run in the background without you knowing. If you can get to Task Manager I believe you can check there, I am not sure if this will help but just in case https://www.onmsft.com/news/closing-apps-windows-81-requires-you-drag-and-hold

I know this hasn't "fixed" the issue per se but if you have found this post helpful, please feel free to click "Accept as Solution" below. Others will still be able to add to this posting. Thanks!

Hi @jeremyjust, while my checking, I used Task Manager to force to quit zoom and snap camera, then restart PC, and check background process by Task Manager. But there were no such apps as occupying camera app. Btw, I tried to use XSplit VCam instead of Snap camera. XSplit VCam appeared on Zoom's video pull down list. But XSplit VCam only show its logo in the video of Zoom.

I'm assuming my windows8.1 put XSplit VCam into my PC registory but not Snap camera, so Zoom can recognize only XSplit VCam. 

Any way, I gave up to use Snap camera or XSplit VCam with Zoom unfortunately. I will try to search other equivalent apps which work with Zoom.

I'm happy with your  help jeremyjustin. I accept your help as Solution.