cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom therapy from iPad

AstridG
Listener

Hi, as a therapist I like to be able to have a good up front/straight camera angle during couples sessions as well as appearing to have eye contact with my clients. How do I best manage this when using an iPad? 

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@AstridG – you need to find a way to set up your iPad on a stable surface, at the right angle and distance from your face, and with good lighting. I highly recommend just practicing meetings with yourself or a friend, and experiment. I’ve used one of those standing clipboard holders with good results. Also, try to get the iPad camera near eye level – your clients want to see your face straight on, without ceiling fans or ceiling anything. Ideally, have your face centered, with the top of your head just before the top edge of your screen image, and your chin about 2/3 of the way down. 

Also, I highly recommend not using a virtual background, if you can have a decent “real background.”  The virtual background can be distracting, especially if you want to show the client something (a book, or anything besides your face and shoulders). 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

AstridG
Listener

Thank you Ray, I appreciate your tips. Am starting to think I may just have to shift the desktop to the practice room as that will also enable me to share screen etc. Your tips come in handy at times when I will be travelling and less well set up ie using the iPad. Thanks again, Astrid