cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom sound connect to bluetooth audio that doesn't have microphone

pdanoo
Listener

"I'm having the same issue exactly as described. Android Zoom app refuses to send audio to any bluetooth speaker that doesn't have a microphone. It would be much better if I could listen to presentations, large group meetings, etc. via an external speaker which can achieve much higher volume than my phone device can."

I am using ipad7 and android phone. And my speaker is Britz bluetooth speaker.

How may I solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @pdanoo ,

I was able to test this on my Android device and have the same experience. Seems like this is a limitation on a mobile application regardless. However, on a Desktop/laptop client, you may be able to select the audio output to be your Bluetooth Speaker and Mic input to be your laptop's built in Mic.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

IP-Man

Hi @pdanoo ,

I was able to test this on my Android device and have the same experience. Seems like this is a limitation on a mobile application regardless. However, on a Desktop/laptop client, you may be able to select the audio output to be your Bluetooth Speaker and Mic input to be your laptop's built in Mic.

Cheers!

Is it likely that some App. could get around this or duplicate the method you mentioned with regard to other computers; or even produce a false signal that there is a microphone in the speaker - or could Zoom change the App.  I presume this may have been instigated after there were numerous complaints about not being able to be heard if/when connection to non miked speakers was allowed - but if so then maybe a large warning sign could work for most users.

IP-Man

@pdanoo 

If my reply solved your discussion don’t forget to mark reply as the solution. Thanks!

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.
Cheers!