cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom meeting Add to google calendar results in System error please try again later. (403)

iforgiveu
Listener

It is a Zoom Pro Account type. Using Chrome browser. Cleared cache and cookies. signed out and signed back in and error repeats, see attached screenshot. How do you fix it? Thanks for the help

19 REPLIES 19

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello There,

Please follow these steps to integrate your calendar with Zoom

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000488243-Using-calendar-and-contacts-integration#h_0ba...

It says: "Add failed, the calendar-related access permissions are not allowed"

I looked at this thread: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Cannot-integrate-Zoom-with-Google-Calendar/m-p/21367

while signed into zoom in google chrome, Adding meeting to google calendar still results in error: "System error please try again later. (403)" 

This used to work fine.

What Now ?

sachinzoom

Hi,

Are you the owner / admin of the account and have checked the required settings shown in the link I shared ?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000488243-Using-calendar-and-contacts-integration#h_0ba...

iforgiveu
Listener

Yes , I am the owner of the account.

The link You shared is long. Can you be more specific ?

sachinzoom

Hello,

Just follow the steps from "How to set up calendar and contacts integration" onwards. It's really straightforward.

How to set up calendar and contacts integration

Note:

• Your admin can force you to use a particular service and restrict you from selecting calendar/contacts permissions. Contact your Zoom admin for more information. 
  • If you have schedule privilege for another user on your account, you will automatically see their scheduled meetings on your list of upcoming meetings and does not require the calendar integration to function. These meetings will be distinguished from your meetings by listing a different host under the meeting details. They can also be filtered out by selecting Me from the Meetings hosted by option at the top of the list of upcoming meetings.
  • When you assign scheduling privileges to other users in the Zoom web portal, you can choose if these users can manage your meetings that are marked as private in Outlook or Google Calendar. If the users cannot manage private events, they cannot see the invite link, meeting topic, or attendee list.
  1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. Click Profile.
  3. Under Others, in the Calendar and Contact Integration section, click Configure Calendar and Contacts Service.
  4. Select a service. 
  5. Change the permissions for the service.
  6. Click Next.
  7.  Follow the on-screen instructions to grant Zoom access to the calendar/contacts service.
    • Google: You will be directed to Google's sign-in page. Sign in to your Google account. Click Allow to let Zoom access your contacts and Google Calendar.
    • Office 365:
      • Authorize with OAuth 2.0: Ensure this option is checked. 
    • Exchange:
      Note: When impersonation account is enabled, you do not have to enter a password for calendar and contact integration, and all your meetings created from the Zoom web portal or on Outlook are synced to the Zoom client or web portal.
        • Exchange login username or UPN: Enter the username or UPN associated with your Exchange account.
        • Exchange login password: Enter the password associated with Exchange account.
        • Exchange Version: Select the version of Exchange. If you are uncertain of the Exchange Version, please contact your internal IT team for more information.
        • EWS URL: Enter your organization’s EWS URL. Contact your internal IT team if you do not know the EWS URL.

After allowing access, you will be redirected back to the Zoom web portal, which will indicate the permissions for the calendar and contacts integration.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

@sachinzoom it is not working. I will show you it is not working with screenshots. It is too much time and effort on this nonsense,
We need to resolve this soonest

step 1: sign into zoom account > Profile > Others > select Configure Calendars and Contacts Service. see step x1.jpg

Step 2: select Google on next screen. Calendar & Contacts: Read & Write checked. see step x2.jpg

step3: Select the Google account to associate Calendar & Contacts and sign in. step x3.jpg

step4: Press Continue on next screen with first three choices already checked. step x4.jpg

step5: Zoom error pops in pink: Add failed, the calendar-related access permissions are not allowed. see step x5.jpg

sachinzoom

Hello @iforgiveu @pg002 

Sounds like calendar permissions are turned off at account level. Can you please check ?

Account management -> Account settings -> Meeting -> 

Below is the example config if you are using O365:

sachinzoom_0-1678915599011.png

Sachinzoom,

This is not resolved. As shown in title of this thread, it is Google Calendar integration that throws error. Can you show a creenshot of what calendar permissions are turned off at account level should be for Google calendar and not O365. 

By the way I tried this account level, see screenshot but Zoom error pops in pink: Add failed, the calendar-related access permissions are not allowed. see step x5.jpg earlier in the this thread.

sachinzoom

Hello @iforgiveu 

Thanks for sharing your account level settings and it looks good.

Next, I reviewed x4 and you have not granted it events permissions on your calendar. Without that Zoom cannot help with scheduling on your calendar. Can you select all of them ? The error will go away then.

@pg002 Please review this response too

Hope that helps for both of you

You mean as in the attached image?

That's a lot of permissions for Zoom...

And why does it apply to "all users and groups"... what does that mean? Who gets access to my calendar?

sachinzoom

Hi @pg002 

No See Stepx4 screenshot above in the question. You need to integrate with google calendar at your profile level. Who gets access to your calendar is your zoom profile and no one else. This is so Zoom can schedule on your behalf. Follow this link

Hope that helps

Like this?

Google asked me for permissions...

sachinzoom

@pg002 

Yes that looks complete. You good now ?

I don't know yet.. I need to test it and it's midnight here so I will let you know. Thanks.

Hang on a second. I don't want this system where my Gmail now resides within Zoom.

Now I am receiving Zoom notifications for every Gmail I receive.

What I DO want is to just be able to sync my calendars properly. What is all of this additional nonsense about?

sachinzoom

Hi @pg002 

That certainly shouldn't be the case. Try again tomorrow to see what may be going on. All this is doing is syncing your calendars as you want. Else, you may disconnect your calendar from your profile and continue using zoom without calendar integration

Sachin

Super annoying.... everything was working fine until 2 months ago and now it is a total mess. Really you guys have to fix these basic issues.

pg002
Listener

What is the resolution Zoom??? Same problem here and followed the exact instructions.

It used to work perfectly and suddenly stopped so it's clearly an issue on your side.

Please provide a clear answer.

Thank you.

kkl808
Listener

Just curious if there has been any resolution - experiencing the same error.