cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom host records in cloud participant records on pc

EC_Zoom
Listener

Today someone with a paid account performed a demonstration for me (yoga class) which I wanted to record on my PC. I did not see the option to do so. She recorded on the cloud and sent me a link.

I was surprised that I did not have the option to record because yesterday, a different person (with a free account) invited me to a meeting and I was able to record after getting permission.

Is there a way for a host to record in the cloud and for a participant to record on his own computer?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @EC_Zoom,

In Meeting settings, participants can be prevented from recording locally, but in those cases, there should be a menu option for each participant in the Host’s view that allows them to grant that origin individually to any participant.

Don’t be shy to ask a host “Please grant me permission to record locally”. If they really don’t want you to record, they should gracefully decline – either with or without some sort of explanation.

See this Zoom Support article for some helpful information:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Enabling-and-starting-local-recordings 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @EC_Zoom,

In Meeting settings, participants can be prevented from recording locally, but in those cases, there should be a menu option for each participant in the Host’s view that allows them to grant that origin individually to any participant.

Don’t be shy to ask a host “Please grant me permission to record locally”. If they really don’t want you to record, they should gracefully decline – either with or without some sort of explanation.

See this Zoom Support article for some helpful information:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Enabling-and-starting-local-recordings 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !